Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

average cost for electrical work

Options
  • 31-05-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hope someone can give me an idea of cost to fit 4 single sockets and 5 double sockets in a kitchen please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Tubsand wrote: »
    Hope someone can give me an idea of cost to fit 4 single sockets and 5 double sockets in a kitchen please?

It would be very difficult to quote this without seeing it. I would assume there would some walls to be chased as it is a kitchen. With 9 sockets you would probably need to have a dedicated circuit for them alone. This may or may not already be the case.Why do you specify 4 single sockets? The same size cable will be run to both single and double and cost of materials and labour will be almost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tubsand

Thanks for your reply. The single sockets are specifically for appliances. There are already 3 sets of double sockets in that area but need to be moved as are too high for our new kitchen plans. any idea at all on a cost? We dont have time to get a lot of quotes as we need the kitchen in this week so any advise would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Tubsand wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. The single sockets are specifically for appliances. There are already 3 sets of double sockets in that area but need to be moved as are too high for our new kitchen plans. any idea at all on a cost? We dont have time to get a lot of quotes as we need the kitchen in this week so any advise would be great thanks.

The only advice I can give you is to get a couple of quotes from electricians who can come see the job.
    I think you are being very optimistic about getting it done this week as you may be underestimating the work that need to be done. If walls need to be chased then they may also need to be plastered before the kitchen goes in.
    If the sockets are going on tiles then the tiling may need to be done before they are fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tubsand

Thanks very much for your reply. Have gotten a few quotes and seems its going to cost approx 500e for electrical work.

Advertisement