Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Gill boat hire

Options
  • 31-05-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

I've had a quick Google without a huge amount of success. I see there are tours, but I'm thinking if its not too expensive I would like to hire a small boat with an outboard to explore Lough Gill.

Many websites mention that there are "many locations around the lough to hire boats" but I cant find them online.

Does anyone know more about boat hire and could point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't know of anyone that hires a boat on Lough Gill but Eddie from Lough Gill Tours takes people on tours around the lake, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blackiebest1

I don't believe you will be able to hire a boat with an outboard engine anywhere on the lake. Eddie from Lough Gill Tours is your best bet or you can rent SUP paddle boards from SUPforall.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Thanks for your help.

I dont want to do stand up paddling. I want a nice relaxed potter about the loch. I will probably just have to get my kayak sent over from Scotland. I was really hoping I could just rent a small boat. Im really surprised this isnt something that anyone offers, especially with a busy town right at the head of the loch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ask in the blue lagoon. They used to do it as far as I know, but not sure if they still do

Advertisement