Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC phone

• 31-05-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have eircom for phone+broadband and UPC for TV. If I go with UPC ( horizon box ) for everything I can save a bit of money, but the downside ( to me anyway ) is the following.

The house has 4 phones, 2 upstairs and 2 down, all at different points. These all connect to a central "node" nowhere near the UPC cable. So If I get UPC for phone I am basically stuck having to use cordless phones all around the house from a base station at the TV - am i correct in this ? Is there anyway to leave the current phones ( not cordless ones ) where they are ?

Perhaps there is a better option I cannot see ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have eircom for phone+broadband and UPC for TV. If I go with UPC ( horizon box ) for everything I can save a bit of money, but the downside ( to me anyway ) is the following.

The house has 4 phones, 2 upstairs and 2 down, all at different points. These all connect to a central "node" nowhere near the UPC cable. So If I get UPC for phone I am basically stuck having to use cordless phones all around the house from a base station at the TV - am i correct in this ? Is there anyway to leave the current phones ( not cordless ones ) where they are ?

Perhaps there is a better option I cannot see ?

I have three phone working off the Horizon box, all using phone cables. There are two phone "outputs" on my Horizon box, so I just put a splitter on one of the phone lines. Would running a cable to the central "node" work ?

Advertisement