Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Fruit picking?

Options
  • 31-05-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey
    I'm looking to go fruit picking for the summer but I have no idea where to apply. Anyone have experience with this? Also I'd like some recommendations as where to avoid or how the pay various by location

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Good luck: the locals always hit me as VERY protective of their fruit-picking summer jobs; in southern Europe anyway.

That being said, check helpx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Maybe have a look in places like Germany or Holland; every year farmers take on loads of Spanish and Italian migrants for fruit and vegetable picking.

Don't expect it to be fun though; long hours, not great money and be prepared to work in very hot weather. I'm just back from Holland where it was 30 degrees the whole of last week, and saw the poor fruit pickers stuck in the fields all day with little breaks and no shade.

Advertisement