Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What led to your sexual awakening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I also remember my reaction to the part in Dumb & Dumber where they're looking back at the couple's 'butts'. Of course the joke is that Lloyd is looking at the man but Harry's talking about the woman. Well I used to find the entire thing bizarre and hilarious, because why would anyone look at a person in that way. Fast forward three years and I simply could not pass a woman without checking out her ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Samantha Fox. She was 16 when she started modelling, I was 13 when I noticed her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pamela Anderson running down a beach, smuggling peanuts in a red swimsuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

OU812 wrote: »
    Samantha Fox. She was 16 when she started modelling, I was 13 when I noticed her

…and I'm 30 and typing 'Samantha Fox' into Google.

Edit: Ahh, Sam Fox.

mailforkev wrote: »
    Anyone mentioned Sabrina's video for Boys yet?

80s Ireland didn't know what hit it.

My eldest brother speaks fondly of this pivotal moment in his development.

I've never seen it, must youtube it to see what the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Cameron Diaz's first scene from the mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Jet from Gladiators

One of them had a, what would be called today, "wardrobe malfuction", I seem to recall. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

The blonde one(the eldest child) out of married with children, my oh my the things she used to do to me in my head of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mailforkev wrote: »
    Anyone mentioned Sabrina's video for Boys yet?

80s Ireland didn't know what hit it.

I'd still bang one out to that in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

princess leia - star wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Classic you show me yours and I'll show you mine when I was nine, instigated by her I might add.. saucy minx.

Although, I remember being brought to first class by my mother and the teacher (lovely long blonde hair Miss Kelly) taking me by the hand and my mother saying: 'Oh, I think he has a crush on you' and she replying 'Well, I have a crush on him too' and then I apparently blushed as they both proceeded to tease me for burning up. I did have this feeling of wanting to be near her all the time though. Sexual? Perhaps not, but there was something for sure. Maybe I should call her.

Oh and Penelope Pitstop too of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Candie wrote: »
    My eldest brother speaks fondly of this pivotal moment in his development.

I've never seen it, must youtube it to see what the fuss is about.
    I think the phrase "MASSIVE bazookas" is a good summing-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I think the phrase "MASSIVE bazookas" is a good summing-up.

Ah it's unreal in fairness.even racy by today's standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Watching the local AI man bulling cows. Fierce altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

One of the Flake adds in the 80s. Pure dirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It wasn't anything overtly sexual, but Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in "Gone With The Wind" gave me all sorts of unusual stirrings, but then Vivienne Leigh as Scarlett O' Hara, I had feelings I wouldn't understand for at least a decade later! What a woman! :pac:

(although she was supposed to be 16 at the time, but for the time in which it was set, 16 was a grown woman, and I was only 6 at the time anyway)

Tiffany Amber Thiessen in Saved By The Bell was the first time I guess I had that "Wow!" moment, knew there was something about her, just didn't know what it was, and then sneaking a peek over my old man's shoulder at a photo of Sabrina topless in the Sunday World, knew there was something, still couldn't piece it together...

I didn't actually put the pieces together until I was about 13 and then I had some serious questions in retrospect about the whole deal with sex and what it was all about, that was less of a slow awakening, and more of a waking up with a start when a realisation hits you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

All male school, all male teachers. FFS looking back and seeing programmes like Grange Hill and Neighbours, school looked like such fun. Mine was not.

Then a young female art teacher joined the staff. She was fresh out of teacher training. She was beautiful - but I could not draw to save my life, still can't.

Anyway once a week I'd go to art and produce these awful daubings. Miss C was really nice and supportive, none of the other masters detention, shouting or whatever. She was just really encouraging:). I was still useless at art though.

One time that's etched in my memory. Miss C came around each boys desk. She came to my efforts and bent forward over the desk to correct something. There was a buzzing in my ears and I couldn't hear a thing. She was wearing a cowl neck jumper and no bra.

I wasn't sure if I was getting an erection or having a heart attack. Always wondered if she knew what she was doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

When I was 11/12 Xena: Warrior Princess was a must watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Heather Locklear in TJ Hooker or Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy.

Always had a thing for heather. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Hammer Horror films and books they are quite erotic. I used to watch a lot of them. Then I found a second hand copy of Anne Rice's book 'Exit to Eden'. It was Anne Rampling then.

I think it's a journey then. I remember that 'feeling' on the swing or going down a hill. I think all girls can relate.

Yeah but hammer horror big one! It's boobs and blood! Watch some of them! I was very young then. I loved Vampira etc. There is a huge undercurrent of sexuality in Hammer horror. The Vampire lovers etc. You could catch them on Channel four. I had a crush on Michael Praed, Ruger Hauer but I think that was later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Cameron Diaz coming in from the rain in The Mask. Or Saria in The Legend of Zelda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jet from Gladiators, or I think there was rerun of Flash on the telly...the old 80s film...and the femme fatale...in the tight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Red Shoe Diaries and Emmanulle on some channel late at night,might have been Bravo ..Hmmm:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    The Red Shoe Diaries and Emmanulle on some channel late at night,might have been Bravo ..Hmmm:pac:

Or ANY movie on channel 4 in the 80s that had one of those red triangles in the top right hand corner of the screen! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

They were indeed on Bravo :D

And Twin Peaks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Tutti Frutti ....

It was on Saturday afternoons on VOX or some foreign sat channel back in the mid eighties. There was some stripping competition. Jaysus it was hot stuff.

Flicking through the Sunday World when no one was watching

I remember Emmanulle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I remember Emmanulle!
    Id say you do alright:D Waiting for the parents to go to bed,then turn down the volume on tv,them were the days none of that 50 shades ****e..

Id say you do alright:D Waiting for the parents to go to bed,then turn down the volume on tv,them were the days none of that 50 shades ****e..

yeah bdsm was actually good back then..exit to eden the book only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Kelly Bundy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My 4th class teacher ms Quinn I think it was. She was stunning and still is to this day. My thing for older women still hasn't went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

OU812 wrote: »

Ahhh, Sam fox eh.. Good ol page 3 in the sun in the shop during school break.
    Think she had something to do with me trying to tow myself around the bedroom ...:cool:

Anne from the Famous Five did it for me!

Foxy lady!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Eh Abs from 5ive :o

Later on I discovered Emanuelle on the sci fi channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

rob316 wrote: »
    My 4th class teacher ms Quinn I think it was. She was stunning and still is to this day. My thing for older women still hasn't went away.

Back to 4th class with you and concentrate on the grammar this time, multitasking's for girls only......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Was in 1st class, saw down my teachers jumper.. Months later, she left to become an air hostess.

Devastated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Watching cruel intentions on channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Samantha Fox.

(Reading back I see I'm not the only one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the bedroom scenes in Dallas and Dynasty, the sight of a womans bare shoulder and my imagination running wild about what lies behind those bed sheets was enough to get me going ;)

also this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

Mine took place in the hour and manner that fit God's design - shortly after I figured out how to delete the browsing history in IE and shortly before all the tissues in my house started disappearing. He (that's He, not he) had deemed it fitting to send me to Catholic all-boys schools, primary and secondary, so I barely even knew what a girl was until I found the internet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Back to 4th class with you and concentrate on the grammar this time, multitasking's for girls only......

No one likes a grammar nazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Brooke Shields in The Blue Lagoon.............. or Daryl Hannah in splash.....must have been the sunshine and sand!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Irish teacher, you could hang clothes off that rack, on television it would have been the lead singer in The Bangles.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Ricky Martin...when I was about 8 or 9. When he came out as gay myself and my gal pals were so disappointed.

Damn those tight leather pants and Latino style. *sighs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

For an eighties boy like me, sexy pop stars didn't come sexier than Kim Wilde. Those pouty lips...mother of god.

The lady that probably kicked it all off though was Kate Bush. I remember seeing the video for Babooshka in the early eighties and not really understanding either what the song was about, or why there was a party happening in my pants :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

My current girlfriend...had been with guys and girls before here..but she most definitely awakened me!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

The Last of the Mohicans - Daniel Day Lewis AKA Hawkeye

"Cora Munro: What are you looking at, sir?

Hawkeye: I'm looking at you, miss. " :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saralee4 wrote: »
    The Last of the Mohicans - Daniel Day Lewis AKA Hawkeye

"Cora Munro: What are you looking at, sir?

Hawkeye: I'm looking at you, miss. " :)

Good film as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Good film as well.

yes and the music too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

A throbbing hard-on pressed against me led to my sexual awakening today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement