Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-COM sequel imminent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Vigilo Confido

Hope it's XCOM and not some new franchise - signs look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think we are overdue some more X-Com, it was a very successful game, sold well and well received.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Azza wrote: »

They ported the first to everything that moved so I doubt it will be PC only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

They ported the first to everything that moved so I doubt it will be PC only.

IGN have confirmed it is PC-only. An explanation will be given by the developers in an interview with IGN during the week. My guess: sales. I believe it sold poorly on peasant machines and understandably so. RTS games generally don't do well on consoles.

Can not wait for XCOM2. The first is an excellent game! I am hoping they announce co-op though. Would be great to play through the campaign with a team mate and work together. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Looks interesting. New Alien Types and more Advent - PC Only and Mod Support = the best news yet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Falthyron wrote: »
    IGN have confirmed it is PC-only. An explanation will be given by the developers in an interview with IGN during the week. My guess: sales. I believe it sold poorly on peasant machines and understandably so. RTS games generally don't do well on consoles.

But it's not an RTS, it's a Turn Based Strategy game, totally different kettle of fish on Consoles

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shiminay wrote: »
    ..........- PC Only and Mod Support = the best news yet! :D

PC Master race FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Looks very promising

November is the slated release date

Pumped for this! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Excited as hell for this.

Wonder if 2K are gonna show more at E3. Are they slated to appear at the PCGamer conference? Seems like the perfect fit game to show off there.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Wonder if 2K are gonna show more at E3. Are they slated to appear at the PCGamer conference? Seems like the perfect fit game to show off there.

Rumour mill says yes, i'd say the reveal today was planned well in advance so they can hype the sh!t out of it in E3, considering it's got a November 15 launch, they must have been working their arses off on this since enemy within or even before. Afaik Jake Soloman the Enemy Unknown lead designer has been on this project since sometime before EW too, so this is an incredibly good sign

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Honestly this looks like a day 1 purchase and it has been a very long time since I could say that about a game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

53354320.jpg

Awesome news. Should probably get a mod to move this to PC Gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Falthyron wrote: »

Can not wait for XCOM2. The first is an excellent game! I am hoping they announce co-op though. Would be great to play through the campaign with a team mate and work together. :D

Back in the PS1 era RTS games were very popular on the machine. But after that not so much.

The 360 got C&C3 and it's stand alone addon and Halo Wars while the PS3 only really got Xcom like the 360.

I just think Xcom was too hardcore for the average console gamer of today compared to 2 generations ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't wait for this. Absolutely loved the last one. Interesting trailer as well. Looks like straight up invading didn't work for the aliens, so they took over covertly. Having XCom as an almost terrorist organisation would be pretty damn cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still havent played the first one , still sitting in my steam library :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

Well that's convinced me to get Long War so as to keep practiced for the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Really looking forward to this.

Enemy Unknown/Within were based off in a way to the original UFO:Enemy Unknown. It seems that the new XCOM seems to be based off similarly to the XCOM Apocalypse universe (futuristic metropolitan neo cities) which is my favourite in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Ahhhh flip. Sometimes I feel like my attention span is too long to own a PlayStation. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oh, this look good. Might need a new laptop however.

I hope Bradford, Vahlen and Chen return.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Oh, this look good. Might need a new laptop however.

I hope Bradford, Vahlen and Chen return.

Bradford anyway, i dont think Chen had 20 years left in him at the end of Enemy Within :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    Still havent played the first one , still sitting in my steam library :o

You need to change that :D

Advertisement