Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't understand podcast

Options
  • 31-05-2015 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I hope this is right place. There is a podcast i cannot make out. The man has a muffled accent or bad phone line. Can i download it and make it clearer? What free program would do this. free because it is only a few seconds I want to hear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I hope this is right place. There is a podcast i cannot make out. The man has a muffled accent or bad phone line. Can i download it and make it clearer? What free program would do this. free because it is only a few seconds I want to hear

Download Audacity. You can isolate the relevant section of audio and try the remove noise filter or else alter the eq. Sometimes lessening the lower the frequencies and bringing out the higher ones can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jack Salmon

mordeith wrote: »
    Download Audacity. You can isolate the relevant section of audio and try the remove noise filter or else alter the eq. Sometimes lessening the lower the frequencies and bringing out the higher ones can help
    Ok I have the section of track isolated. It is only a few seconds. What do i do to make the man's voice sound more crisp and clear? How much remove noise filter and what do i do with eq. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ok I have the section of track isolated. It is only a few seconds. What do i do to make the man's voice sound more crisp and clear? How much remove noise filter and what do i do with eq. Thanks for your help

To use the noise filter you need to select a few seconds of the sound you want removed (static or crackle or whatever). Then when you use the Noise Removal you can preview the result and adjust strengths of the effect.
    Regarding eq just select the Equaliser effect and decrease the lower frequencies and increase mids / highs. Again you can preview results.
    If you aren't getting anywhere you can export the relevant section as a wav file and upload it here and I could have a crack off it. No guarantees of success of course.

Advertisement