Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good things to do for young children?

Options
  • 31-05-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Will be down in cork for a week in trabolgan in middle of June. I have 3 Children are all under 6. I will have my better half with me so we can do things where one of us can go off with one child or mind the baby!

Asides from the wildlife park and maybe the train model railway village has anybody any child friendly suggestions? I know we will have plenty to keep us going in trabolgan but it's nice to have a few choices.

Is there any fun fairs or child friendly things on where the cork football team will be playing that game on 14th?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You'll have loads in trabolgan. And fota can take a whole day. Don't miss the house and gardens there. Great spot for a picnic. Loads of woods for the kids to run through and a hill that children love to roll down behind the house. Did it myself as a smallie, and it's the first thing mine do when we go there!

East cork has some great beaches if it's sunny. Garryvoe is probably the best for children. Plenty of facilities, like toilets in the hotel and a big playground just off the beach.

Ballymaloe does a pizza afternoon in saturdays, that's fun with kids.

Midleton has a farmers market on a saturday.

There are a few indoor play centers around. Go safari i think is the one in carrigtwohill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

In addition to the above you have Leahy's open farm, Ardmore open farm, Glenbower Woods in Killeagh, plus the reopened boardwalk in Youghal. Perks in Youghal has a decent playzone along with some rides for younger kids(besides all the arcade games)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

Sorry to but in to this thread but I am also heading down to Trabolgan soo, 4 weeks :)
    Anybody have any advice for eating out / takeaway outside of the Trabolgan site ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

kop-end wrote: »
    Sorry to but in to this thread but I am also heading down to Trabolgan soo, 4 weeks :)
    Anybody have any advice for eating out / takeaway outside of the Trabolgan site ??

Midleton has some good restaurants. I'm sure there's decent pub grub in Rostellan and Saleen but I've not tried any.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

+1 for Leahy's Open Farm, have been to a few different open farms with the kids and this is the best by far.

If you are in Youghal, I recommend the Quality Hotel bar for food. Very child friendly, good food and a beach (redbarn) right by its front lawn for the kids to work up an appetite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Rosies in Lower Aghada is only a few mins drive from trabolgan and has really good food and decent prices.
    Theres also a new Asian street food place called Ramen opened is Middleton. It has cork divided on the food. People either love it or hate it. They do a dish for €6 before 6pm every day and its good value, as are their kids meals. Not sure about the value on the full prices tho, their a bit miserable with the chicken but portions are good.
    The food in trabolgan itself isnt too bad. Its far from fine dining but was better than expected when we stayed there a few years back.

Advertisement