Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers in emergency services

Options
  • 01-06-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm going into leaving cert this year and I've been thinking of a career in the emergency services.
    I work as a lifeguard part time at the minute and I like the idea of working in a career where I get to help other and in the emergency services that's really the aim of the game..

I don't know what exactly, but I've been thinking of the coast guard even though that's a long way down the road.

I also have looked into paramedics but as far as I can see there aren't too many jobs in that area and there doesn't seem to be much room to move up.

There may be other areas that I'm missing so feel free to let me know.

Truthfully I would like a career that's fast paced and where I've the ability to help others..
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Advertisement