Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU + motherbaord question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What CPU are you using first off? Need to get a high end Xeon and DDR4 with that board, push prices up.

Single Titan can game at 4k as I assume that's what you're doing, but only at 30fps High with new games. Gaming with a triple monitor, SLI or Crossfire is probably a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

CPU = intel i7 5960X
    Ram = Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 2666MHz

Would linking 2 x Titan Blacks not be overkill?

funny you would mention that video i was just considering switching to 780Ti. In your opinion would the difference be noticeable at all?

I think I will sli/crossfire aswell btw.

am going to make a new thread about my setup so all details can be properly understood. Hope to see you there.

DELETE THREAD PLEASE

• Advertisement

3- Way CF of R9 290X will outperform SLI Titans by a good haul, at a little over the price of a single Titan. Water cool them in a good case and you won't have heat problems. Personally SLI Titans aren't something I'd ever go for (Or even a single)

Supposedly, a single 980Ti rivals a Titan, so if it scales well then SLI will be as good as a Titan, again at a fraction of the cost.

My full recommendation us to stick with something like 1600p or 1440p, as 4k is still a long way off being viable for consumers. But of you want to stick with 4k, 290X, 780Tis or 980,Tis are what I'd go for

Why do you need such an animal of a machine can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/34-acer-predator-xr341cka-curved-ips-nvidia-g-sync-gaming-monitor-ips-hdmi20-displayport-3440x1440-3?utm_campaign=Scanzone+31+29%252f05%252f15&utm_source=scanshot&utm_medium=email

this screen looks awesome for almost the same price-since its curved a bit also new design etc-just need to wait a bit before it gets out think month or so.

also what is so special about the mb in the link-besides the capacitors and 4 sli slots ?

since msi gaming 9 costs almost half,minus a slot but more extras for future upgrades.

Anyway seems a lot of cash just to setup 3 monitors,unless you really need the extra ones,rather go with big and curved one-anyway if i had that $ i would :D

Different CPU sockets. The X99 MSI is over €450

3- Way CF of R9 290X will outperform SLI Titans by a good haul, at a little over the price of a single Titan. Water cool them in a good case and you won't have heat problems. Personally SLI Titans aren't something I'd ever go for (Or even a single)

Supposedly, a single 980Ti rivals a Titan, so if it scales well then SLI will be as good as a Titan, again at a fraction of the cost.

My full recommendation us to stick with something like 1600p or 1440p, as 4k is still a long way off being viable for consumers. But of you want to stick with 4k, 290X, 780Tis or 980,Tis are what I'd go for

Why do you need such an animal of a machine can I ask?
    have created the new thread there, The computer will be a communal one where a few people will be chipping in. We are hoping it will last a long time so are trying to future proof it, Gaming,programming, intensive programs will be running on it so needs to be able to support it

Advertisement