Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw Song!!

• 01-06-2015 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Okay, here's one I cannot get to the bottom of. I've searched for years, I've even tried RTE!!!
    Okay, so I first heard it on Dave Fannings show in the 90's. It is a song that has chainsaws running making the musical instrument sound and a woman chanting for the chorus. I recall Michael Jackson's Earth Song being played around the same time. I'd love to know what it is and if anyone at all apart from myself can remember it!!!!
    Call it a page of history I just want to listen to again.
    Any help is highly appreciated.

I know it sounds CRAZY but I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

???

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Alan Ashe

Thanks man, but unfortunately that is not the song I'm looking for. There is no audible lyrics in the song I'm thinking of, apart from the female chanting.
    To the best of my recollection, the video had chainsaws cutting down trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Not that either. There's no chainsaws in that one. Thanks anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Could this be what you are looking for?

• Advertisement

OH MY GOD,, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much. It just goes to show how useful Boards is. Weird listening to it after searching for so long.

Thanks again buddy
    :)

Heres another you might remember from that time

Coldcut were actually pretty neat altough prob didnt think so at the time but obviously left some sort of residual memory.
    Rather than being on dave fanning I kinda remember these songs on a tv show MT USA maybe..but there was also a series of music videos that was in the style of a news broadcast on this show..ticker tape across the screen,not 3 mins of video maybe 20-30 mins..electronic based sampling newsbites??.
    Have wrecked my brains and posted a while ago in the whats that song thread but no answer so far.

actually more likely to be alternative nation or no disco? mt-usa was mostly bollocks

Schwiiing wrote: »
    deep forest ,,,to quote a youtube comment 'the nostalgia is strong with this one'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

actually more likely to be alternative nation or no disco? mt-usa was mostly bollocks

I think it was 120 Minutes on MTV used to play the "Timber" video a lot. I saw them play a set in Temple Bar Square around the time, but the sound was so low it was rubbish (presumably some sort of restriction from being outdoors).

loyatemu wrote: »
    I think it was 120 Minutes on MTV used to play the "Timber" video a lot. I saw them play a set in Temple Bar Square around the time, but the sound was so low it was rubbish (presumably some sort of restriction from being outdoors).

Found it after a bit more searching. 120mins was more alternative music than electronic but there was a show called amp and they were called Emergency Broadcast Network ..public service broadcasting must have being fans:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amp_(TV_series)

• Advertisement

Please let me know if you're ever in Dublin, I owe you a pint for that, genuinely!! I simply cannot believe you've shown me a song I've been searching for, for almost two decades!!!!

Literally enjoying it here now :)

Advertisement