Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NutriBullet v NutriNinja - which is better blender?

Options
  • 01-06-2015 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I think the Nutribullet was featured in BA a while ago, but is the NutriNinja new on the market?

As i seen the Nutribullet on tv after midnite, when one of the channels closed down, but looking at argos, the Ninja has Power output 900 watts v 600?

Has anyone got either & which is preferable, thanks.

Nutribullet =
    • Save Over €15.00
    • €114.59
    NutriNinja =
    • Save Over €31.00
    • €98.09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I think the Nutribullet was featured in BA a while ago, but is the NutriNinja new on the market?

As i seen the Nutribullet on tv after midnite, when one of the channels closed down, but looking at argos, the Ninja has Power output 900 watts v 600?

Nutribullet =
    • Save Over €15.00
    • €114.59
    NutriNinja =
    • Save Over €31.00
    • €98.09

I got the ninja
    It's the best thing I ever bought
    It's the nuts honestly, I go to Aldi and lidl and get the super six and a bag of ice, good to go
    One thing I will say it you need to mix the fruit well, for example pure apples and ice is very thick but add an orange and it's perfect juice

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of discussion about them in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057425740

I have the ninja and am happy with it, I got extended warranty as I read of some failures.

There is a higher power bullet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm p1ssed off buying these bullet style things, the rubber O-rings keep working loose, and then get chewed up in the blade rendering the entire thing useless. I ended up just getting a regular jug liquidiser smoothie thing.

fat bloke wrote: »
    I'm p1ssed off buying these bullet style things,
    I have had 2 cheaper ones in the past, they were crap compared to the ninja. I don't think the ninja has an oring, the whole material is a bit rubbery. I cannot forsee it breaking.

I had the same problem with torn up o rings. I would fill the gap with silicone sealant.

the ninja seems very durable cant see it breaking myself and no o-rings either, the pulse feature works very well for a smoother texture, just had some ice cold orange juice, 2 oranges drop of water and ice, never again will i be buying juice in the shop, no comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I got the ninja
    It's the best thing I ever bought
    It's the nuts honestly, I go to Aldi and lidl and get the super six and a bag of ice, good to go
    One thing I will say it you need to mix the fruit well, for example pure apples and ice is very thick but add an orange and it's perfect juice

Thanks, i was wondering on why you only saw the 'bullet' on tv & not the 'ninja' it looks like the ninja is a well kept secret.

Is there a recipe book with it, for making different juices?
    rubadub wrote: »
    Lots of discussion about them in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057425740

I have the ninja and am happy with it, I got extended warranty as I read of some failures.

There is a higher power bullet too.

Will look up the that thread, how much long + extra for the warranty?

I just saw that the €5-€10 voucher is up today & won't be near one, i wonder can you buy it online & collect it tomoro?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

Ok i seem to have goggled and found this site i am looking into the ninja but is there no where better then argos??
    I have found this any body got any comments
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-331563-61/63895951

Will look up the that thread, how much long + extra for the warranty?
    mine was in currys, it was €100 on offer, and €20 for the 3 years warranty. I don't know about argos.

ninja but is there no where better then argos??
    its the best price I have heard for them. With sterling they way it is there are few online bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

rubadub wrote: »
    mine was in currys, it was €100 on offer, and €20 for the 3 years warranty. I don't know about argos.

its the best price I have heard for them. With sterling they way it is there are few online bargains.

Both are €129 at moment in Currys

& €26.99 for cover, but doesn't say how long?

What kind of failures have you heard, no doubt breaking down after the year has passed?

NINJA Nutri BL450 Blender - Black & Silver
    €129.99

NUTRIBULLET - Silver
    €129.99

Cheapest is Argos at moment.

Btw was there a book or something with the ninja, as i heard there was one with the Bullet amidst the over the top advertising on the telly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I got the Ninja IQ at the weekend which is 1000w and better than the Argos version. It is currently 120e in home store and more.

Its the business, makes very smooth juices, very easy to clean and seems very robust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

PaulKK wrote: »
    I got the Ninja IQ at the weekend which is 1000w and better than the Argos version. It is currently 120e in home store and more.

Its the business, makes very smooth juices, very easy to clean and seems very robust.

so for the price i duno i am new to the idea of this so
    is this the best for your money??also i cannot seem to find this online erh

Bulin wrote: »
    so for the price i duno i am new to the idea of this so
    is this the best for your money??also i cannot seem to find this online erh

I think he Nina iq has a timed facility for whizzing
    Not sure if it has the hand pulse option that's on the ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

i personally have the 900w nutrininja pro which is half the price of the 900w nutribullet and works perfectly... blends everything you throw at it in seconds... including nuts / ice and whole fruits & veg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

can you get replacement or extra cups for the ninjas? it does look the better device alright but i had a quick google and wasn't able to find anything

strelok wrote: »
    can you get replacement or extra cups for the ninjas? it does look the better device alright but i had a quick google and wasn't able to find anything

I see them on ebay. A tip is to just search nutrininja and sort by price lowest first. This will bring up books and spare parts as they are cheapest. If you type in cup it might not find an item since the seller could be using a different term.

You will have to make sure its for the right model of course.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_clu=2&gbr=1&_nkw=nutri+ninja&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_fsradio2=%26LH_PrefLoc%3D1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&_salic=1&LH_SubLocation=1&_sop=15&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

excellent, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nutribullet =
    • Save Over €15.00
    • €114.59
    NutriNinja =
    • Save Over €31.00
    • €98.09

Nutrininja seems to be reduced to 89.99 on Argos now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Nutri Ninja deals with large chunks of carrot and thin leafy greens like spinach with ease. Look at the blade assembly for the Nutri Ninja and you'll see it has a very aggressive assembly of blades to do work.. Compare with the Nutri Bullet.

IMG_20150711_141357.jpg
    Nutrininja seems to be reduced to 89.99 on Argos now.

One thing to point out, not mentioned anywhere on the Argos website. The Nutri Ninja comes with two beakers, with a 'fill line' of 650ml and one at 500ml. They are larger than the rated fill size and there is a good bit more room if you want..

Both beakers come with robust seal and sip lids, if you plan on taking a smoothie in a car, to work, etc..

Delighted with my purchase, had it a week and I love it. I use it for savoury drinks. Rinse off blades too.

Delighted also that I held off on the Nutri Bullet. So close..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

:o neither of them appear very cheap. How much better are these for people smoothies versus a normal blender? Are we seeing apple type fanboisms with these things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Greenmachine, I see where you're coming from and I agree. You're paying for the compact nature of the machine and ease, I reckon. They are achingly easy to clean, the whole thing is ready to use after 10 seconds under a tap and a wipe of a sponge.

I hummed and hawwed over the Nutri Ninja, even at this price.. There are cheaper options, but check the motor wattage, to see if it can handle solid vegetables, ice cubes etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I've been using a Nutri Bullet on a near daily basis for over 6 months now and love it. It hasn't let me down yet. I use it every morning for a half veg, half fruit and seeds smoothie and also use it to make pesto and hummous.

As has been said already, it is the ease of cleaning this that makes it such a great machine. I just wouldn't bother with it if it took any effort to clean.

Advertisement