Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Nespresso machines worth it?

• 01-06-2015 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I really want one but I'm not 100% sure as its pricey enough.

How would you rate the coffee? I heard it comes out not too hot which puts me off a bit. Is there any similar alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

They make a very good cup of coffee and it's always consistent.

It's never going to be as good as a really good espresso system but it's much cheaper (by comparison).

If you drink a lot of coffee it's probably worth it, especially now that most places are selling the pods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭diasfu

I have the basic one, if you want I'll sell it to you for 65;) I'm looking to upgrade..
    The coffee is nice. You can't compare them to espresso machines, but from the ''easy to use automatic capsule' machines out there, I think its the best option. And as well, I think the nespresso capsules are the best. But of course, depends on your taste preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

I bought one for my wife as she's a coffee drinker I could take it or leave it but she wouldn't be without one now.... plus everyone who tries it says it's fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I had one, replaced recently with a Gaggia Classic. Not sure if your budget allows, but I'd go straight for a Gaggia Classic. To me it's just as convenient and easy to clean (takes up a bit more space, granted). Makes a better cup, more crema, you've got more flexibility in what coffee you want to put in it , don't have to stick to Nespresso brand. I'm currently using Lavazza pre-ground, but will probably get a grinder at some stage. Even with the pre-ground coffee, I find it makes a better cup than Nespresso.

Nespresso is only ok imo. Also the more expensive thing is probably the capsules, what is it, 40c a capsule. If you want a sample, I think they're often doing free samples in Brown Thomas (top floor).

Advertisement