Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car break in

Options
  • 01-06-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Wifes car was broken into yesterday. 2 windows broken. If it takes a few days to fix through insurance would it be normal practice to be given a courtesy car while waiting?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

It depends on your insurance provider, some do, some don't. What does it say in your policy document?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

harpsman wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Wifes car was broken into yesterday. 2 windows broken. If it takes a few days to fix through insurance would it be normal practice to be given a courtesy car while waiting?

Depends on your policy. What does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Cpnsumer Issue. Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I know today is a bank holiday but I once had a window replaced on the Saturday of a Paddys weekend. Procedure is that you phone one of the autoglass companies, tell them where you live and they'll put you in contact with one of their local repair guys. You go to him with the car and your insurance cert, he has an out of hours number to ring for each insurance company and will typically get approval over the phone to do the job which he will do there and then.

What I'm saying is that you don't have to wait for the next 'normal' working day to get a window replaced.

Advertisement