Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

braid

• 01-06-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

how long does braid stay fresh for, ive two packets of braid in the cupboard that i havent used yet so would i be better off selling it or keeping it??

Comments

If its still in the box unused I'd say it would be fine.

I only change mine every second year. I reverse the braid on the spool every year so the unused part is fresh each year.

Edit.....now if you're selling it off cheap my advice is that its useless and I'll take both off you so you can get rid of it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

hahaha....i bought 500yards of power pro on ebay its definitely real btw, but ive only used about 150 yards so far and it still goin strong, so i guess ill be keepin it so..haha

Don't worry it'll be fine. I'd imagine direct sunlight or damp wouldn't be good for it but if its the cupboard you should be grand.

cheers thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

So you thought it might be gone to sh1te and wanted to know wether to sell it or not???
    Seriously. Some people have no shame!

• Advertisement

where did i mention passin on crap stuff??? <SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Attack the post not the poster

where did i mention passin on crap stuff??? <SNIP>
    im not sure what was snipped or modded out as i didnt see it but here

how long does braid stay fresh for, ive two packets of braid in the cupboard that i havent used yet so would i be better off selling it or keeping it??

"How long does braid stay fresh for............would i be better off selling it or keeping it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Maybe he ment that he didn't have any intention of using it any time soon and thought it would be better for someone else to get some use out of it rather then just bin it! That's how I took it when I read it!

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Maybe he ment that he didn't have any intention of using it any time soon and thought it would be better for someone else to get some use out of it rather then just bin it! That's how I took it when I read it!
    Ooooh rite!
    If thats the case OP then i apologise.

• Advertisement

no problem!!

I've some shîte braid for sale if you're wanting some Red :);)

TheTorment wrote: »
    I've some shîte braid for sale if you're wanting some Red :);)

Ive plenty of decent stuff myself tanx. 6, 8, 15, 20, and 50lb in stock. Covered for every occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I had some power pro 50lbs stored dry and dark over 4 years. It didn't seem to loose any knot strength, abrasion resistance or colour over that time. its certainly not as prone as mono to degradation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Test it. What breaking strain is it? We always test knots breaking strain, especially with new knots and rigs

Advertisement