Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after-hours

Options
  • 01-06-2015 11:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

Can some mod please adjust the prefix in this post

I wish to challenge my ban for starting a thread that wished Denis's paid trolls a goodnight, not necessarily members of boards.ie but those observing the threads and comments

It would be a stretch of the imagination to say they're not watching, this whole situation has the potential of bringing down the state as there are some seriously connected and wealthy people involved, then you have those who are indebted to the wealthy, the variables at play will be hard keep a handle on, it may well be too late already

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Can some mod please adjust the prefix in this post

Thanks anon-o-mod ;) xoxo

I was banned from after-hours the other night because I apparently ignored 2 warnings, I was able to prove I didn't see, first I heard about the warnings was when I got banned so after some PMs with the mod in question I was allowed participate in ah again.

Then today I was banned for "pushing it" by starting the "goodnight to Dob's agents on board at the moment" and told that somehow my opening post went against the agreement made between me and another mod a couple of nights ago but there's no connection there.

The latest thread I started was to highlight specifically the fact DOB will have paid interference and putting on working on all social media due to the huge mess he has brought on himself

I don't see how or why I should be banned for this.

It's a legitimate thread with separate issues being discussed to the other live threads

If I'm to be banned for starting threads discussing topics touched on within other threads then surely Devore should have maybe joined in on the other injunction thread that was live the last 3 weeks instead of starting up what has become a decent enough thread.

Am I not afforded the same opportunity to start a thread to discuss separate issues that share some similar subject matter to some other threads, and see where it ends up.i notice the thread hasn't been locked or moved so unless there's something I'm not being told here can someone please lift the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. Can we start this one again?

Firstly, please follow the correct appeals process by trying to resolve this via PM with the banning mod.

If you cannot resolve the issue, then I would suggest that you come back here & start a new appeal clearly stating your issue with the ban. (It is difficult to determine your exact issue from the posts above, tbh.)

Thanks,

tHB

Hi there. Can we start this one again?

Firstly, please follow the correct appeals process by trying to resolve this via PM with the banning mod.

If you cannot resolve the issue, then I would suggest that you come back here & start a new appeal clearly stating your issue with the ban. (It is difficult to determine your exact issue from the posts above, tbh.)

Thanks,

tHB

Ok, so I got banned from commenting on a DOB thread 2 days ago but I pmd the mod in question to point out I hadn't actually seen the warnings in the thread, posts were flying in it and I'm usually posting on my phone so I honestly missed the warnings,

Fast forward to today and I got banned for making a legit post last night, that is still currently open and there were a couple of pages of comical and serious replies on the particular subject of the thread.

I've contacted the mod that banned me and he/she has told me because I had bother a couple of days ago with another mod and I apparently started new thread that could have been discussed in current threads I should take the 3 day ban on the chin. Thing is though if the thread should be in one of the similar threads already shouldn't it have been moved, especially if I've been banned for starting an "unnecessary" thread. They're are currently a few threads open with similar subject matter, one of which I started about 3 weeks ago, why am I banned?

• Advertisement

Hello

The DOB post I got banned for is still open and the issue I raised sat night with the thread has only just been mentioned in devores surplus injunction thread a few mins ago.

It's very interesting that Denis goes out of his way in the media this morn to list the same hardships people used in these threads to justify our hatred of him receiving favourable treatment, he went on to tell us he's known some people who committed suicide over the banking crisis too. Sure that's ok so Denis, anything else we can do for you? It's quite obvious to everyone that this man would have spies on all social media judging house to limit the damage being done to his reputation by trying to interfere with our TDs and democracy.

Why is it I am banned for pointing this out and by virtue of the fact the offending thread is still open surely my ban is questionable and worthy of being looked into.

Why the silence from all quarters?

Hello

Is it me you're looking for?
    Why the silence from all quarters?

I have real life matters in hand (job & the like) that take precedence over this appeal.

I'm still in the process of reviewing your appeal, & I hope to get back to you later this evening.

There is some history to this & I want to ensure that I have all the relevant info before I comment.

As you are looking for a quick response - I'll give it.

Your contributions in the DOB-related threads in AH over the past couple of days have not been stellar to say the least. I would have thought that after receiving a warning & then a one-day ban (since lifted by the banning mod after discussion with you) that you'd tone it down a bit.

Then you start a new thread suggesting that Denis O'Brien is influencing boards discussion & close your post by saying "see you next tuesday o bribe." Foolish to say the least.

I'm going to lift the remainder of the ban, but give you fair warning that if you make any further scurrilous remarks against an invidual in After Hours, or continuing posting in a trollish fashion that your access to the forum will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

User sitebanned for re-registering.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement