Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Not a cloud in the sky in wexford lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been overcast, humid and drizzly in Castlebar all afternoon after a nice start to the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sunny this morning in Galway city now overcast and humid but dry in a light F2 southwesterly breeze
    Currently 18.8C from an earlier high of 20.3C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I can finally say it's sunny and very warm. Whooohoooo!! I knew summer would be a Tuesday this year.

ComfortKid wrote:
    Im using the Met.ie app, very same as the website. I'm about 15 miles from the city so I cant imagine it's any different in there. Current conditions I'm looking at and it couldn't be more wrong. I'll wait till 2 or 3pm before I get too upset about it though.

Hahaha the Met site is now saying it's cloudy in Limerick and theres not a cloud to be seen. Iv no thermometer but I'd say its about 24c. Lovely calm breeze now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Just got off the Luas at the Kylemore about 45 mins ago. The Mercedes clock showed the temperature being 28 Celsius. I think that is accurate as any time i drive by in my car it always gives the same temp.

Just got off the Luas at the Kylemore about 45 mins ago. The Mercedes clock showed the temperature being 28 Celsius. I think that is accurate as any time i drive by in my car it always gives the same temp.

Wow. Nice. A 2 year record I'd say? Did we hit the 30c mark in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sure, your car says 28c :)
    In fairness they are correct so infrequently in warm weather that I wouldn't have faith.
    This woman last year swore to the gospel that it was 39c because her new car said so.

Carnacalla wrote:
    Sure, your car says 28c In fairness they are correct so infrequently in warm weather that I wouldn't have faith. This woman last year swore to the gospel that it was 39c because her new car said so.

I presume there is a thermometer on some Mercedes building because he said it matches with what his car is saying.
    You are right though, my car gave a reading of 45c in 2013 :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Look, I'm just saying that the ME site showed that it was sunny with 20c in Limerick when it clearly was not sunny or 20c.

Which station reported 20 degrees? Met Eireann don't have a station in Limerick.

• Advertisement

FWVT wrote: »
    Which station reported 20 degrees? Met Eireann don't have a station in Limerick.

If you select Limerick, then it should give (and I emphasise this) Limerick's weather. Not Shannon's current conditions.

FWVT wrote:

Yeah, this was explained to me earlier this morning. It's Shannon station? I have the settings on for Limerick. I just found it ironic that this morning it said it was sunny when it was raining, and now saying it's cloudy when theres no cloud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Well, my car said 27C this afternoon as I came home but when I checked the Vantage Pro it was underestimating the temp by three degrees, recording only 24C.

I really shouldn't have bothered buying the useless thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Carnacalla wrote: »
    If you select Limerick, then it should give (and I emphasise this) Limerick's weather. Not Shannon's current conditions.

Limerick, as the crow flies, is about 2km from Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Beautiful warm summer evening with clear blue skies. Great stuff. :D

elastico wrote:
    Limerick, as the crow flies, is about 2km from Shannon.

2Km? Come out of it will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Yeah, this was explained to me earlier this morning. It's Shannon station? I have the settings on for Limerick. I just found it ironic that this morning it said it was sunny when it was raining, and now saying it's cloudy when theres no cloud.

Don't forget though that those local forecasts on the met site are just that: forecasts, so may not reflect the current conditions. Either way, they are just computer generated anyway and about as useful as a moterbike in an ashtray (to us weather nuts anyway).

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Don't forget though that those local forecasts on the met site are just that: forecasts, so may not reflect the current conditions. Either way, they are just computer generated anyway and about as useful as a moterbike in an ashtray (to us weather nuts anyway).

Do they make ashtrays that big?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reached 26C here earlier this evening, best day of the year by a mile. Now after 10pm it's still 22C, really nice Spanish style evening. Shame this only lasts till tomorrow although Friday should still be decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Turned out to be a beautiful evening here. The first good evening we have had in ages. Blue skies calm and warm. Hows it looking for tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Turned out to be a beautiful evening here. The first good evening we have had in ages. Blue skies calm and warm. Hows it looking for tomorrow?

an east/west split with 16-20C in the west, mostly cloudy and rain turning persistent, the east warm and sunny with 20-25C. Normal service resumes everywhere from Saturday unfortunately.

Gonzo wrote: »
    an east/west split with 16-20C in the west, mostly cloudy and rain turning persistent, the east warm and sunny with 20-25C. Normal service resumes everywhere from Saturday unfortunately.

Thanks might take a run to the coast tomorrow evening if it holds.

Looks like a sleep in for me tomorrow so.

Thanks might take a run to the coast tomorrow evening if it holds.

Would Dungarvan be considered East or South or what?

I'd consider it south east based on my recent visit.

South east...

Carnacalla wrote:
    I'd consider it south east based on my recent visit.

South east...

Cheers, so whats the weather for the South East tomorrow? Might go down for a dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Casement 21c at midnight in a light southerly, I notice humidity is only 59% there compared with 80-90% elsewhere. I am almost certain that this unusually high temp (for Ireland) at night is caused by whats called a Katabatic or down slope wind.

still 20C here right now at 2am, hopefully won't have too much trouble sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Gonzo wrote: »
    still 20C here right now at 2am, hopefully won't have too much trouble sleeping.

It helps if you go to bed first! :)

Temp here (while I was asleep) rose from 15C to 21C between 12.30 and 1.30; humidity dropped from 90% to 65% in the same hour.

Then "normal" cooling and humidity resumed till we had 13.6C/95% just before 5am.

Looks like that katabatic theory is right (sadly I have no wind data since my connection to the wind thingy was severed - really should fix that...)

Advertisement