Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A low of 21C here in London last night and already 27C this morning before 9am, gonna be a seriously hot and oppressive day today, met office predicting 35C later. Combined with the humidity it feels tropical at the moment

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Harps wrote: »
    A low of 21C here in London last night and already 27C this morning before 9am, gonna be a seriously hot and oppressive day today, met office predicting 35C later. Combined with the humidity it feels tropical at the moment

I see it's already 31c, at 0920, at Heathrow. Impressive! Could be a record breaking day for the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

No records here I fear, it's 21C but has become rather calm and gloomy after some lovely sunshine earlier.

Not too humid, 76%.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloudy and dissapointing already, was expecting nice blue skies. Still warmish at 21C. Don't think we will reach 26C today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    cloudy and dissapointing already, was expecting nice blue skies. Still warmish at 21C. Don't think we will reach 26C today.

You're in a prime spot for home grown thunder later though

The rain in East on radar must be the remenants of high based stuff from Brittany somewhere because it's bone dry under it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Bit of Hazy Sunshine here this morning but it's still quite Dull underneath this cloud. 21.4c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

22C here now, feeling very sticky and uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

34C at 11am in London, latest forecast for Heathrow predicting 37C so a chance the July record will be broken later, at this rate the all time record is under threat though there looks to be cloud on the way later

We've resorted to closing all the windows and downing the blinds here at work to keep the heat out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Warm and muggy here, radar shows a shower train over us here all morning but not a drop in the wind even.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    22C here now, feeling very sticky and uncomfortable.

Yep im a bit north of you (Slane area) and its fierce warm and muggy, sun starting to peek through, could be as warm as yesterday if does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Only the extreme east clinging on with temps 20c+ as the Atlantic takes over.
    Our heatwaves are like our cold spells in winter - a day or two if we're lucky! :(
    edit: Cork, Roscommon and Cavan have hit 20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just reaching 17C in Castlebar, looks like another dull overcast day, but the sun is trying to pop out from beneath the cloud at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Sure where would you get it?

V0vaSIM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Very disappointing altogether. You can plan nothing in this bloody country.

the east should hold on to about 20C, maybe 21C over the next few days till possibly Sunday. We should also see more sunshine tomorrow and Friday than we are today. The real change to cool atlantic muck begins Sunday and lasting into next week.

Yep im a bit north of you (Slane area) and its fierce warm and muggy, sun starting to peek through, could be as warm as yesterday if does

Just hit 24.2 near Arklow,the sun is out,not a fleck of a breeze,flat calm

Weather station on weather underground at Aughrim co Wicklow about 8 miles nw of me is reporting 27c now
    It's usually fairly accurate and makes sense as I've just hit 25.4c my now joint highest of year
    Breeze is rising with some Sun poking through still
    That breeze will taper the temp down
    Loads of evidence of decayed shower cloud up there that has traveled a long distance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Been raining here about an hour in west Clare, got very cool a while ago but temperature climbing again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Weather station on weather underground at Aughrim co Wicklow about 8 miles nw of me is reporting 27c now
    It's usually fairly accurate and makes sense as I've just hit 25.4c my now joint highest of year

I had a temp of 26.1c (equaling yesterdays high) a little earlier in a bit of surge of heat off the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains. 24.6c atm with (very) hazy bits of sunshine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Could believe that if it is sunny in Aughrim; hit 24.7C here in partly overcast conditions. Dead calm - now 24.2C and humidity 65%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Record broken. Hottest July temperature ever recorded in the UK. 36.7C at Heathrow.

Record broken. Hottest July temperature ever recorded in the UK. 36.7C at Heathrow.

I am walking in the rain with 3 layers of clothes on and its about 17c, yet I could get on a plane and in an hour and a half be in nearly 37c heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was dark and cludy here in north Kilkenny earlier,temperature was around 20C, then the sun broke out in the last hour and the temperatures are shooting up to 24.0C and rising.

My Davis weather station has been changing it's forecast throughout the day, from possible showers to precipitation at times, very unsettled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

ComfortKid wrote: »
    2Km? Come out of it will you.

Shannon Estuary is about 2km at Shannon airport and Limerick is on the other side, 2km away, as the crow flies, which is what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pouring rain in Castlebar at the moment, temp has gone down to 15.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭briany

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I am walking in the rain with 3 layers of clothes on and its about 17c, yet I could get on a plane and in an hour and a half be in nearly 37c heat.

Is that being said with an envious tone? Both weather conditions would be oppressive in their own ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Downpour of rain here the last 10 minutes near Ballina Co. Mayo. Looks like we wont be seeing any sunshine around this neck of the woods this week anyway :(. Wish I was in London.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

elastico wrote: »
    Shannon Estuary is about 2km at Shannon airport and Limerick is on the other side, 2km away, as the crow flies, which is what I said.

353809.jpg

Really? 19.5km does NOT equal 2km+2km. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Carnacalla wrote: »

Planes go fast! :p:D :pac:

I would seriously question the UHI effect on those temperatures as most of the surrounding countryside stations were 31c and 32c at the time of that recording. Any station inside the M25 (UK) is subject to the UHI in my opinion, ditto with the ones inside the M50 (IE) aswell.

• Advertisement

What this gowl is trying to point out is that it's only 2k to county limerick. Which they should have specified.

Also, its still co.Clare and no Co.Limerick no matter how you say it. They shouldn't be allowed do that.

Advertisement