Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Stunning day in Galway beautiful blue sky temp 18 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Aerohead wrote: »
    Stunning day in Galway beautiful blue sky temp 18 degrees

It's brightened up nicely down here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

12 mm so far today which means I've had more rain in a few hours than in a month. :)
    (14 mm fell at Dublin Airport in June but most of that was during the first few days of the month and practically nothing for the rest of the month)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Yep, 11.6mm in a few hours this morning - drought ends. Now sunny 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yep, 11.6mm in a few hours this morning - drought ends. Now sunny 20C.

Drought still going in my part of meath, the heavy showers have missed us and any we did get didnt amount to much, grass gone yellow around the drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 DaveWalsh2020

Gael force sunshine in killkee County Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I think summer could be over....don't see a return to warm sunny weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Zipppy wrote: »

A return to? Never seen it in the first place!

Also please don't be so negative, this destroyed the forums last winter by the amount of negative joeys and please don't do it again. There's almost 2months left in a 3 month season and imo you can never say it was a **** summer till its over :)

Hope you take my comments in the friendly manner intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

disappointing summer (so far) its been stuttering has never really got going has it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tipping down and I actually feel a bit cold!

We were never going to get three good summers in a row.

• Advertisement

Brightening up in the north east after some drizzly bit of rain earlier, really didn't get the heavy rain that we looked to be getting on the radar charts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

fryup wrote: »
    disappointing summer (so far) its been stuttering has never really got going has it ?
    Tipping down and I actually feel a bit cold!

We were never going to get three good summers in a row.
    None of you have given any indication of your locations so your posts are a bit pointless. Personally in Bray Im sunburnt, sleeping with the windows wide open, all the grass is dead or dying, Bray Head like a tinderbox waiting for some kids to light it. That will be all changed after the pouring rain this morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thargor wrote: »
    None of you have given any indication of your locations so your posts are a bit pointless. Personally in Bray Im sunburnt, sleeping with the windows wide open, all the grass is dead or dying, Bray Head like a tinderbox waiting for some kids to light it. That will be all changed after the pouring rain this morning though.

Same in Naas, has been a pretty good summer so far imo

Grass really needs that rain at this stage

Same in Naas, has been a pretty good summer so far imo

Grass really needs that rain at this stage

Same here in North Meath, most days have been dry over the last couple of months, and the most rain we got was drizzly stuff that lasted 10mins at most, grass needs the rain but i'm not complaining, as im pretty sure the grass will get its rain in the winter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

May here was awfull, more like a mild January, however since about June 5th the weather here was very good, no rain to speak off till yesterday and generally temps in the 19-24C range. Today is cool and damp tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Generally, in the South East of the country its been great, in the north and west less so.

Very warm in Shannon ATM despite the overcast skies and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was shopping in Nutgrove earlier which is a few more km inland compared to here. The sun was coming out and the car thermometer said 22C and it felt it outside. Back home (about 1km from the sea) and its 16C and drizzly, quite a contrast for such a short distance.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When are the blasted winds going to leave us?

Finally getting our 1st drop of meaningful rain here now for the last 30mins, quite breezy to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Has become quite windy now in Galway with the rain starting to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Cloudy with spits of pointless drizzle here. The excitement is overwhelming.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Unfortunately I might have to agree with this, there are some very ugly 2007-12 type charts on show. A lot are showing Greenland blocking and a weak Azores. I would love to be 100% wrong but the lack of posts in this thread speaks for itself.
    If we are stuck in this mobile Atlantic muck by mid month then I would put my money on the summer being over.
    Believe it or not but I always believed that there is some truth in the St Swithin's Day legend, not the 40 days and nights stuff but whatever pattern prevails in mid July will be with us until late August at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Unfortunately I might have to agree with this, there are some very ugly 2007-12 type charts on show. A lot are showing Greenland blocking and a weak Azores. I would love to be 100% wrong but the lack of posts in this thread speaks for itself.
    Over? Lots of us still waiting for it to start....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It's like a January day in Galway City today. Wind, rain and drizzle all day. Miserable:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's like a January day in Galway City today. Wind, rain and drizzle all day. Miserable:(
    Ah shure, tis a soft day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Let's look on the bright side - though the wonderful drought is well and truly over, this is the 12th consecutive day with a max temp over 20C. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

"FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Warmer again by end of the week, highs could be into low 20s or even mid 20s at times by the weekend of 11th-12th. This warmer regime appears fairly robust and any slight cooling mid-month may then revert to warmer temperatures. So, if that comes to pass, this coming wet spell will prove to be very useful to many despite the inclement conditions for a few days.."

Surely there's hope with MTs forcast this morning? I was delighted when I read this anyway?!:)

I took a drive through town a few minutes ago, many houses have fires lit! (Kilrush-West Clare)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Let's look on the bright side - though the wonderful drought is well and truly over, this is the 12th consecutive day with a max temp over 20C. :)

Max temp of 14.6c here, and that was reached at 00.05 last night. Hovered between 13 & 14c all day.

New Moon

Advertisement