Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Yesterday started off here very overcast. But then in the afternoon the breeze picked up from the north west and the clouds broke up. Ended up a lovely bright evening in the north west and today much the same. Humidity is gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Serious headache most of the day today & guess it's down to this awful weather.

Anyone else suffering with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its utterly depressing, disappointing day after disappointing day

will summer ever come?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see that Katesbridge (Co. Down) is reporting 0c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

1966 wrote: »
    Serious headache most of the day today & guess it's down to this awful weather.

Anyone else suffering with it?

I have a headache nearly all the time lately. Not one for headaches at all generally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next week is looking half decent for the east, Dublin and parts of the south, Monday and Tuesday could see up to 23C in eastern counties with hopefully good sunshine. It will remain more unsettled in the far west and north-west with cooler conditions spreading east later in the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Fine day, mostly sunny, though rather cool with a light easterly drift, current (and highest so far) - 17.2C; overnight low was 10.2C.

V low humidity, 58%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Gonzo wrote: »
    next week is looking half decent for the east, Dublin and parts of the south, Monday and Tuesday could see up to 23C in eastern counties with hopefully good sunshine. It will remain more unsettled in the far west and north-west with cooler conditions spreading east later in the week.

Why did you have to tell me that grrrr. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very nice here today with it feeling warmer in the sunshine than the high teen temps I got. Due obviously to the lack of a breeze which has been very prominent this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

savage evening in the NE, clear sky, sunshine and warm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this evening was really nice, once the cloud broke up after 4 it was a very warm feeling day. Starting to cool down fast now tho.

Could be a chilly night after a coolish sunny day (max 18C) - it's 11.5C now under a starry sky and calm air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

35C most of day here in Murcia...looking at weather back home maybe I'll stay on a bit longer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are you actually enjoying frying in 35 C though?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jasus theres no pleasing irish people with the weather. i think some irish people think we live in spain at times. news flash, we dont really get great summers here. its called ireland folks. if you want spanish summer weather, go to spain. simple as. 'unfortunately' we rarely get extreme weather here, which makes ireland, not a bad place to live in my opinion. put on a jacket and get out there

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

well expect lashing rain in the west next week lads as I've booked to go camping in Connemara.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

well expect lashing rain in the west next week lads as I've booked to go camping in Connemara.....

hahaha eternal optimised! ah im sure you ll get the odd dry bit here and there. have some indoors options at the ready and of course, bring the jacket. stunning part of the country. enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Torrential rain here all day so far :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet, cold and windy all day in Castlebar, actually had to put the heat on for awhile, just 11.4C at the moment.

Alas, the "western weather" has finally broken through to the East Coast. :(

Started raining half an hour ago (1.4mm so far) and the temperature is an astonishing 12.2C.

It hit a high of 15.1C around noon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Xenji wrote: »
    Wet, cold and windy all day in Castlebar, actually had to put the heat on for awhile, just 11.4C at the moment.

Careful now before people fell you that your not allowed be cold in July.

Carnacalla wrote: »

Indeed, proper procedure is to grin and bare it :D

Carnacalla wrote: »

Every window was open yesterday till about midnight, temp has dropped 7C today, it is not really cold, but it feels cold after the fine weather yesterday.

miserable, cold, wet. Feels like May 2015 all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Xenji wrote: »
    Every window was open yesterday till about midnight, temp has dropped 7C today, it is not really cold, but it feels cold after the fine weather yesterday.

Eh, 7 is cold no matter what way you put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    miserable, cold, wet. Feels like May 2015 all over again.
    twas actually a nice morning in Arklow until about 1130
    Then the heavens opened and still are
    Yesterday was gorgeous though

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Anyone know is there any hope of a bit of nice weather for the wkend/next wk?

FWVT wrote: »
    Eh, 7 is cold no matter what way you put it.

Its hovering around 11C today, it was around 18C yesterday, just meant it is around 7C colder today than yesterday.

twas actually a nice morning in Arklow until about 1130
    Then the heavens opened and still are
    Yesterday was gorgeous though

yep yesterday was a fantastic day, I know we've only had a few hours of rain so far today but for me that's a few hours of rain too many! But I suppose we did well, today is only the second band of rain Ive seen since the end of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    jasus theres no pleasing irish people with the weather. i think some irish people think we live in spain at times. news flash, we dont really get great summers here. its called ireland folks. if you want spanish summer weather, go to spain. simple as. 'unfortunately' we rarely get extreme weather here, which makes ireland, not a bad place to live in my opinion. put on a jacket and get out there

Doubt anyone is looking for nor expects Spanish weather in Ireland. A bit more seasonal temperatures and precipitation would be nice though not this cool wet muck.

Advertisement