Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Another complete washout of a day in Galway City. Wind and rain all morning with no let up in sight. Thoroughly miserable.
    but the grass, it is so green!
    It's as though the main artery of the jetstream is right over galway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Third straight day of rain in Castlebar, temp 13.7C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

And here begins autumn 2015. Complete washout of a day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Pretty good day here, mainly sunny but windy. Temp 19C.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I think today sums up the summer so far - pleasant enough in the South and East, rather grim further North and West

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Grim definitely describes the weather in Galway today
    Constant driving drizzle/rain, windy & cool - can't wait to get back to London for some Vitamin D next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Max 21.5C here in the Wicklow Fohn, perfect summers day here again, seems like this part of east coast Ireland has quite a different climate to the rest of the island in summer.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

an average day here, some light showers every now and then but not really that wet, feeling cool still. Next week looks more hopeful with some nice spells of warm sunshine at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The day wasn't too bad at Shannon Airport for an air show today. Temperature at a pleasant 18c. Fairly heavy rain has just started at the other side of Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Absolutely torrential rain in Galway City for the last 30 mins. Monsoon season here today!

• Advertisement

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Absolutely torrential rain in Galway City for the last 30 mins. Monsoon season here today!
    Wettest day of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

grand evening in north meath, fair breezy but dry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That won't last for long!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That won't last for long!

Ah sure i'll be indoors, it can do what it likes now and it'll be gone by morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Rain arrived here in the last half an hour after a dullish but dry day

Not so grand now, Fairly heavy rain out there at the minute.

Seems to be squal line passing over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Squall line over me here now in south Laois..God I love weather, so enjoying it with a beer:D

Some spits and spots of rain from about 9.30pm yesterday evening.

Just after midnight that squall line hit with some howling wind and rain; whole thing lasted about 20 minutes and dropped 4mm of the total 5.4mm that fell overnight.

It cleared after 1am and it's now a cloudless chilly dawn (9.3C) in that endless westerly breeze.

It's forecast to be only a max of 13c in the whest this weekend...in late July!!

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's forecast to be only a max of 13c in the whest this weekend...in late July!!

Look on the bright side - the potato blight needs 15 degrees to spread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I think its quite cool today although I'm sure I'll be slated on here by some for saying that....

I think its quite cool today although I'm sure I'll be slated on here by some for saying that....

Certainly not by me!

It was only 19c here which is nearly a degree below average for July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I'm looking forward to the "I heard there's going to be a heatwave in August" stories that are bound to surface soon.

I'm looking forward to the "I heard there's going to be a heatwave in August" stories that are bound to surface soon.

Postman Pat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another morning of rain. Brought horses into stables yesterday. The grounds getting destroyed its that wet. Cattle to follow if we don't get any improvement. Peed off to be honest.
    The smell of turf burning on an evening time is noticeable to.

All I want from August is dryness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Max of 21.8C here before the showers in the afternoon, was lovely in the morning. July average running -0.5C below normal so far.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Global warming, ha. No extreme weather events, just damp, breezy and cold all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,925 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I heard that from my Dad yesterday evening. :rolleyes:

I thought it was really warm today and yesterday. A really sticky and nasty warmth. However, I've found the nights cold and must confess to putting on the electric blanket the past few nights.
    It's all very confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Nice dry day in sligo. It was mild but overcast. The ground is pretty wet now after all the rain so we need some drying out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First fully dry day in Castlebar since last Wednesday, it only got up to 14.9C though.

Advertisement