Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Seriously?? :eek:

Low overnight here 8.4C, calm sunny 11.4C now.

Oops😯 I meant to say Dew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

600x545xalertmap24072015.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lsVr2mm9rQ.jpgWeather alert for south of England and wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Bath tubbing it down in Limerick City again.

Is there any glimmer of hope for August?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Sweltering hot here in barcelona,very humid,real feel 36,thunderstorm warnings for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Absolutely pissing it down in Navan for the past hour or so. Few rumbles of thunder too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Its been a lovely sunny day here in sligo. A bit cool at 15 degrees but still nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

First real bad day of the summer here in London, pouring down since 10 this morning and no sign of a let up with temps in the low teens, first sub-20C day in over a month so quite a shock to the system. Badly needed the rain for the garden though and it'll get me acclimatised for visiting Donegal next week so not all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Same here , I just wore my winter coat (in july ) taking my dog for a walk in the rain , which ax not stop since 8 this morning Birmingham
    its chilly out there tonight.
    Looks like Sunday the same but with gales force winds

This as to be one of coolest July for while, but don't think it's bad to 2007 , (what is coldest every July ? In uk )

Back then every one blaming this song , which was number for fa number of weeks
    https://youtu.be/CvBfHwUxHIk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

High 30s (tipped 40) this last couple of weeks in Murcia...unbearable tbh...really can't do anything during daytime .. roll on Dublin rain on Sunday. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When was St Swithin's Day?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Wow! Seems to be raining everywhere except here :)

Not very summery though, max 15.1C today and dull. At least that breeze is gone for one day.

Partly cloudy, calm and 12C right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

One thing I have noticed this month is the humidity, basically have had the bedroom window open nearly all month, it can actually feel warmer at night than during the day even though the average temperature so far this month in Castlebar has only been 14.2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Wow! Seems to be raining everywhere except here :)

Not very summery though, max 15.1C today and dull. At least that breeze is gone for one day.

Partly cloudy, calm and 12C right now.

Not a drop here in my part of south Laois even though it looked like it was coming from both north and south at times....Grass cutting achieved..
    latest?cb=20131015221621

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Summer continues....

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Ireland
    A spell of heavy rain will move northeastwards across Ireland tonight, clearing in most areas tomorrow to scattered showers, but continuing for much of the day in the north. Totals of 25 to 35 mm are expected.

Issued:Saturday 25 July 2015 11:00
    Valid:Saturday 25 July 2015 20:00 to Sunday 26 July 2015 15:00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any ideas what time it is expected to reach Dublin at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

certainly wont be day light hours anyway, could be slow to clear tomorrow going on this http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dublin Airport TAF says around 4AM, lasting until around 11AM

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

It hasn't got here yet, though I know that doesn't answer your Q.

Currently a very nice night; 13C and calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Rain battering off the windows for a few hours, was awake half the night but it's totally eased off now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The heaviest rain hit Galway city between 3.00-4.00am with 11.2mm recorded during that hour and a max rate 49.4 mm/hr at 03:41
    It's eased off to heavy drizzle now but it's still pretty grim out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Pathetic again this summer is a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Pathetic again this summer is a nightmare

Yep, what another doozie of a morning. It would look good on November. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Absolute washout of a day. Lots of events cancelled :(

Did ye read the forecast ? We better build an Ark before next Sunday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Awful day again. Summer 2015 has been a grey washout down in Cork so far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The models are in some agreement of another Low weather system for next weekend, Sunday in particular and they seem to indicate that it could be deepening as it approaches and while it takes a NW'ly track past the country, early days but one to watch....

lbCC0it.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

It's been a sunny 29C - 33C here in Lanzarote for the last few days. No clouds; Grand warm weather :D

The most fascinating feature of the climate here are the trade winds, due to their reliability. They act as a natural air conditioner. They are strong but when they die down even for a few minutes it can start to get uncomfortable.

It was cloudy at times yesterday and It made two woeful attempts at raining. If it was 10 times more it would barely qualify as a spit of rain at home.

After a few tense stand offs I now get on well with the Playa Blanca cockroaches too :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Did ye read the forecast ? We better build an Ark before next Sunday :eek:

Only my fifth wet day since the last week of may,out of 60 odd in Arklow,including well over three weeks in a row with not even a shower
    The majority of days reached 20c or above with the exception of the last week,though we got there yesterday
    All in all good

Only my fifth wet day since the last week of may,out of 60 odd in Arklow,including well over three weeks in a row with not even a shower
    The majority of days reached 20c or above with the exception of the last week,though we got there yesterday
    All in all good

House Swap ? :D The rain makes your hair curly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Looks like there are parts of Ireland that had a good summer but as been said before there is a real east west divide. I still dont think its been anywhere as bad 2012 or the summers before but just very dissapointing.

Advertisement