Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

This summer just goes from bad to worse. All the good drying we had last week is wiped out by two days of rain. Fcuk this country and its weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

It's nice to see the rest of the country now suffering what we in the west have the last 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    It's nice to see the rest of the country now suffering what we in the west have the last 2 months!

Aye, but We still had more dry days in the 2 months then wet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

WEB_sat_vis_irl.jpgWho's been ploughing the clouds?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fire lit the last three nights here in Leitrim. I honestly cannot remember the last time I lit a fire in July. I've moved all the animals from the land to shelter. The ground is completely saturated.
    The vegetables we grow were a complete waste of time and effort.
    I would take overcast weather for the rest of the summer instead of this rain and cold.

Just goes to show even in a small country like ours, weather can be so different from one location to another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

:(

356481.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

European temps.

2AE02D5E00000578-3175852-image-a-35_1437993502101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

mg1982 wrote: »
    This summer just goes from bad to worse. All the good drying we had last week is wiped out by two days of rain. Fcuk this country and its weather.

I'm actually sick of listening to myself complaining about the weather at this stage :o, I've even taken to shaking my fists at the sky and cursing it in private. Do we not deserve a little bit of respite in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i've hardly even noticed this summer....was it bad or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

LordSutch wrote: »
    ...certainly not a hot summer, that's for sure :(

Had to put the heating on yesterday afternoon. Never had to do that before in July ever. It was only 6 degrees this morning when I left the house with windchill. People where wearing gloves and scarfs waiting for the DART this morning.

Worst summer is right, it's up there with all the wind, rain and constant overcast. First summer I have no tan lines on my face or arms.

April was better than July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Lit a fire in the stove last night, 2nd one in July. Never ever (not even in 2007, was in Italy then!) lit a fire before in June, July or August.

Need to go back out to the lean to to do some firewood!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I can easily remember having several weeks of insomnia at the start of July because it was so humid and warm at night, even with all the windows open. Maybe this was just Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

No we didn't. It rained for 22 days in June recoreded in valentia station. Someone posted it earlier in this thread. Haven't seen Julys stats yet but id say it is definitely more wet days than dry. Even the dry days are depressing because its a horrible dull overcast with strong gusts.. Worst summer ever I tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

MJohnston wrote: »
    I can easily remember having several weeks of insomnia at the start of July because it was so humid and warm at night, even with all the windows open. Maybe this was just Dublin

There were a few humid days at start of July but only 5 or so days and they weren't even that warm (25C max in parts of the east on the hottest days).
    The sea temperatures were still freezing too during that 'mini warm spell'!
    If those few days hadn't happened then this summer would be already one of the worst.
    But if august doesn't improve I think this might well qualify as the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Absolutely torrential Rain here in Cavan/Meath border

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

ComfortKid wrote: »

Didn't last long TG - today dry with light breeze and good sunny spells, high 19C :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Its also cold. Its akin to late March/early November....i know some here will say the summer has been decent for them but the reality for most of the country has been that it's been miserable. People are desperate for anything and are calling mediocre days good days and when we got 2 days warmish weather at the start of July the h word was bandied here and elsewhere. The summer has been a total letdown as far as I concerned.

Ita 13 degrees here in south Tipp and very breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I'm here in Achill and, after a mediocre but fairly dry Fri and Sat, the only word to describe today and yesterday is muck.

Driving rain and grey grey grey. 12° but feels much colder.

We had a rubbish May all over the country, and a decent June in East Meath where I live but not down here, but this month is back cold and wet again all over.

We're off to Black Forest next week for a fortnight, and to say I can't get away from this sh/te soon enough is an understatement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Lumi wrote: »
    Almost two months into Summer 2015 and the stats for Dublin SE ain't bad!

Temperature (°C):
    Mean 14.6
    Minimum 4.9 on 09/06/2015
    Maximum 24.8 on 01/07/2015
    Highest Minimum 15.0 on 30/06/2015
    Lowest Maximum 12.2 on 01/06/2015

Rainfall (mm):
    Total for period 77.2
    Wettest day 13.8 on 6/07/2015
    Rain days 20, of which
    Wet days - (> 1mm but < 5mm) 7
    Wet days - (> 5mm) 5
    Dry days 36

Not great, cooler but still dryer and sunnier than average for here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It's been abysmal here in Mayo. May was dreadful, June was (at best) middling and July has been atrocious. It's more like March outside today; drizzling more or less constantly for the last two days, and it's cold. I'm trying hard to remember any hot sunny days we've had this summer; there might have been 3 or 4 in June, but that's it. Not what you'd hope for in summer. My old man used to reminisce about the lovely summers they had here when he was growing up. I find it hard to believe, looking out the window now.

June is a month that people will remember as better than it actually was because of how bad July was. The June bank holiday weekend was a washout for instance. I remember the Munster hurling semi final in limerick being played in very dull conditions and it poured rain afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi folks any know what the August weekend forecast for Waterford is?

And general is august supposed to pick up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Didn't last long TG - today dry with light breeze and good sunny spells, high 19C :)

Just watching the Raintoday animation there and its great to see that the Wicklow/Dublin mountains have resumed their Rain-Sponge duties. Showers coming in from the NE and disappearing over the Dublin Mountains before they hit Bray while continuing their way all the way to the coast a few miles north in the Dublin plain. Yesterday was one of those rarer days where it seems that some quirk of atmospherics makes the mountains a rain-generator instead of a sponge. ie. Yesterday Raintoday showed the rain clearing the coast with nothing behind and yet it stayed raining (Heavy Drizzle) in Bray for hours afterwards despite the radar showing nothing over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's absolutely freezing in the house at the moment!! More like late Autumn than late summer!!

Was looking at the farming forecast yesterday. Met eireann are predicting 2 and a half times average weekly rainfall for the west again and normal for elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Off home to Donegal for a week on Wednesday and its depressing reading all these comments. Malin Head is usually the most accurate station for where I'm going and the highest temperature over the past week was 15C with only two dry days all month, today the worst yet with a high of 12C and 39 hours and counting of non stop rain, talk about bleak!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

oq0uYZN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mg1982 wrote: »
    Was looking at the farming forecast yesterday. Met eireann are predicting 2 and a half times average weekly rainfall for the west again and normal for elsewhere.

Looks like we will hit over 300mm then for July, not sure when the last time that happened before!

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks like we will hit over 300mm then for July, not sure when the last time that happened before!

It could be a record breaking month for all the wrong reasons then. :(

Advertisement