Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mg1982 wrote: »
    It could be a record breaking month for all the wrong reasons then. :(

Actually should of been 200mm, but still should be some sort of record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This has tone the worst July on record the last couple of days have been winter weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Cheesus that chart for Sunday 2nd August looks hideous. I am seriously considering whether or not I want to grow old living in this climate! Another grey day dawns. The small bits of blue in the dense cloud are like a strip-tease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Anybody see the thing advertised on tv3, love on the lawn or something, it's basically some hotel showing a romantic movie on the lawn and couples sit out and have a picnic.

Think it's supposed to be this weekend, gonna turn into some mud wrestling event at this rate��

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I really need to stop reading this thread first thing in the morning. I wake up so full of hope and by 8 am I'm depressed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Siobhan Ryan just destroyed Ken Ring on Radio 1.

"dont you know hes banned from the airwaves in Australia and NZ"

"Youre as well off reading your star sign"

"If you want actual science, come to us (MetE)"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,426 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Larbre34 wrote: »

So Ken's been discredited then

That's the last we'll be hearing from him so.

Good thing we still have that postman from Donegal for all our long term forecasting needs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Cheesus that chart for Sunday 2nd August looks hideous. I am seriously considering whether or not I want to grow old living in this climate! Another grey day dawns. The small bits of blue in the dense cloud are like a strip-tease.

Doesn't look quite as depressing on the latest model, the low stays further out to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,269 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This summer has been appallingly bad as regards clear skies and sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Very cold breeze this morning. Was very close last night to turning the heat on at one stage here in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally a bit brighter today after 3 continuous days of mist, rain, drizzle and muck. Still chilly. The warm dry days of June are a long distant memory at this stage.

The next 7 days looks horrible everywhere across Ireland, especially in the west with relentless cold, wind, rain and very little in the way of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Claremorris is showing 11c at the moment:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

I am going to admit to 16 degrees and unmistakeably sunny spells 25 miles inland of Sligo as the crow flies...Okay, Okay, for all my whinging earlier, it is quite a nice afternoon! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭alentejo

God God! this is depressing. Was cycling home and thinking this could be late Sept or October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Larbre34 wrote: »

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Temps around 13 here again today. Lots of heavy showers and dark as any day in november.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

It's Baltic outside now. If summers are frequently so awful why do we never get used to it ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Only my fifth wet day since the last week of may,out of 60 odd in Arklow,including well over three weeks in a row with not even a shower
    The majority of days reached 20c or above with the exception of the last week,though we got there yesterday
    All in all good

sounds like lies to me

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

another ****e start to the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

ch750536 wrote: »

Siobhan ryan you are my hero. Tell it like it is. Don't take no crap from no one. Big fan.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Down to 9.9c now . Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

ch750536 wrote: »

I could listen to her all day, she's a smart cookie :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

At around 9pm these evenings are very like what it should be liked typically at around 5pm on a late October or November evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Was enjoying wonderful weather abroad.................................

Came home to November weather. Enough, turning around and moving south again:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

ROY RACE wrote: »
    sounds like lies to me

It isn't lies; very similar here 70-80km north of Arklow, temps not as high because we have less föhn effect in NW winds.

Maybe all you folk who claim to be drowning out west are being economical with the truth? :rolleyes:

Today was another sunny day, high near 19c, copped a shower (1.4mm) around 6pm.

All in all a grand day to be out and about if you wore your sunscreen....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

That storm for this Sunday is still there on the latest charts...prob be wednesday or thursday before we can be sure of track/intensity though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hooter23 wrote: »
    That storm for this Sunday is still there on the latest charts...prob be wednesday or thursday before we can be sure of track/intensity though...

Ah sure we are due one at this stage. What its been a week now since the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

ya was thinking that its been a bloody clod summer but it hasnt had the wind or rain of 85.

now it will.

then quieter and cold into next week though temp might hit 20c an odd day in august by accident

so far in sligo my top temp is 22.7c

never has there been a below 24c max since i started recording in 2006

may most days were 15c
    june most days were 12 or 13c till end
    end june start of july 2 or 3 days of 20c

july 11c and 12c though got to 16c today.

Summer average for Sligo usually around the 15c

This year its 13.2c

August will certainly see an improvement because like I said earlier we always get 24c sometime even in 85 and 86 we got it in June

Otherwise this is the new worst Summer ever in terms of temperature...until next year

Also as a footnote the whole world will record its warmest year on record this year with the notable exceptions of Ireland Britain and some of Iceland and Norway. Even the fn arctic is warmer than us this year in parts....no really, 17c was recorded in the Arctic circle North of Alaska.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

pauldry wrote: »

But you had an amazing snowy winter in what was nationally a pretty nondescript one.

I'd trade a "good summer" for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

This summer is no worse than the ones between 2007 and '12.
    This summer is certainly a lot drier where I am compared to those summers.
    The fact that you don't have to look back very far in the archives to find bad summers is proof that bad summers are a LOT more common than good ones on our little island out in the Atlantic.

Advertisement