Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Lovely day in Arklow again
    19.1 c currently and feeling warm :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lashing rain here in the northeast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Horrible day in Donegal again, 13C, windy with frequent heavy showers, feeling cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

A surprisingly nice day here in Athenry. Breezy but the sun has made it feel quite warm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Great day here before the storm!

Sunny, light breeze, temp has just reached 20C :)

(first time in over a week)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

ComfortKid wrote:
    Beautiful morning here now thank god. Is it set to last the day?

As usual, the sun disappeared soon after I posted this. It's overcast all day again but at least the cold breeze is gone

Aye,Ive got another 20+ outside Arklow too,lovely sunny evening currently
    But we better stop annoying the people Shaden
    Also the shoe could be on the other foot at some other point
    It is our shelter and the land track drying out the westerlies thats helping here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Summer is back!, 20.7C here today in lovely sunshine, very very nice day, pity it wont last.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Supercell wrote: »
    Summer is back!, 20.7C here today in lovely sunshine, very very nice day, pity it wont last.

What summer?

Landed from Palma back to Ireland today, was greated by a brisk and cold breeze. Raining here now in west Clare horrible evening.

Aye,Ive got another 20+ outside Arklow too,lovely sunny evening currently
    But we better stop annoying the people Shaden
    Also the shoe could be on the other foot at some other point
    It is our shelter and the land track drying out the westerlies thats helping here

If we get a bad day I'll report that to - didn't I report the full wet day on the 26th? (thank God the only one this summer so far :) )

T'would depress you just remembering it! :(

I don't only come out on the good days like Supercell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If we get a bad day I'll report that to - didn't I report the full wet day on the 26th? (thank God the only one this summer so far :) )

T'would depress you just remembering it! :(

I don't only come out on the good days like Supercell ;)
    Sure aren't they almost all good days here in the SE :D
    Or maybe it's just our sunny outlook!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus, its a warm one tonight lads. I have the fan on here beside me bed. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Calibos wrote:
    Jaysus, its a warm one tonight lads. I have the fan on here beside me bed.

Jesus, I've the heating on!!

ComfortKid wrote: »

Why are you telling Him? Surely He already knows that? ;)

A nice calm dry 15C here approaching midnight....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

0Z ARPEGE has gusts reaching 120 km/h on the West coast tomorrow. That's pretty strong for early August. It's very much limited to Western coastal counties though, just a windy day elsewhere.

arpegeuk-11-38-0_ash6.png

ComfortKid wrote: »

'Twas merely in jest. No fan last night. In actuality I had to get under the covers last night it was that chilly. Summers over, No more sleeping on top of the covers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

lashing cork city again what an awful summer we have had again absolutely ****e,seems like the east got the least rain ,cork has been appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Brutal day in Cork. Wet, windy and quite cool. Yesterday was alright, dry but quite cloudy with occasional sunny spells. Overall it's been a rubbish summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Ah come on surely you don't think summer ends in July? What are we teaching people in schools ffs

No, but that is what they taught in National school, maybe still do.

I would go with these dates based on many years of temperature feel..

Winter December 15-March 14
    Spring March 15 -June 14
    Summer June 15 -September 14
    Autumn Sept 15 to December 14

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Very strong southerly winds developing during Bank Holiday Monday. Mean winds of 45-55 km/h with gusts between 90 and 100 km/h. Along the west coast mean winds will reach 55-65 km/h in the afternoon with gusts between 100 and 110 km/h and strong gales at sea.

Issued:
    Sunday 02 August 2015 10:00
    Valid:
    Monday 03 August 2015 09:00 to Monday 03 August 2015 21:00

• Advertisement

Lovely day in Arklow, a bit breezy and feeling mild,mostly cloudy but with some milky sun
    Ground bone dry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Lovely day in Arklow, a bit breezy and feeling mild,mostly cloudy but with some milky sun
    Ground bone dry
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    It looks like the rain arrived within minutes of you posting above!

I'm writing off the first three weeks of August on only the second day, the old St Swithin's legend has a lot of truth in it as far as I'm concerned.
    Roll on late August and summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It feels like we are back in February here in west clare. Strong winds, dirty skies and I feel rather cold (Despite it being 17c).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Very hard to believe this is August and not October, after a night of heavy rain we now have very grey sky and wind Summer is banjaxed

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    It looks like the rain arrived within minutes of you posting above!

I'm writing off the first three weeks of August on only the second day, the old St Swithin's legend has a lot of truth in it as far as I'm concerned.
    Roll on late August and summer!!
    Less than 5 mins rain from that,ground still dry! And milky sun poking
    St Swithins day here was a nice day
    Ok I'll shut up now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

wheaten would you ever **** off with yourself, you live in ireland even if you think its the costa del sol that you are in, bull**** all summer from you.

MOD NOTE
    Jack o shea is taking a break from the forum for personal abuse. Please don't quote or react to his post as he can't respond
    Thanks

wheaten would you ever **** off with yourself, you live in ireland even if you think its the costa del sol that you are in, bull**** all summer from you.

Not the Costa Del Sol. The Playa del Arklow. Its the Costa Del Bray you're thinking about ;)

All joking aside (and assuming you can still read this what with a possible banhammer 'n all), the postings about fair to middlin' weather this Summer by the 50% of the population that live in a 10 mile deep strip of land down the east coast from Dublin is just as valid as the postings of the other 50% of the population that live in the other 90% of the country endlessly posting about it being the coldest wettest Summer that Ireland has ever had. You know what they say, "Irish by Birth, a Leinsterman by the Grace of God!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

168mm of rain in Castlebar last month, more like Mawsynram than Mayo.

Haha,its not my fault that there has been anomalous fine weather and a lack of rain in an eastern strip of the country due in the main to being at the fortunate end of a land track westerly all summer
    As a fellow farmer,I can tell you it does come with its own problems at times eg in June, we could travel the land better than the west but there was no grass for lack of rain
    Anyhow lets move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Less than 5 mins rain from that,ground still dry! And milky sun poking
    St Swithins day here was a nice day
    It has nothing to do with the amount of rain that falls on St Swithin's Day or even if it rains at all - it all about the pattern.
    But there's a grain of truth in it, as weather often locks into a pattern in high summer, only changing when autumn begins to rear its head from the end of August.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/st-swithins-day-weather-legend-may-be-closer-to-the-truth-than-you-realise-10390002.html

Advertisement