Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Today is a nice day....if it was late September. Its August bank holiday weekend and there's a force 6 wind blowing ffs....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Some seriously strong winds building over the last hour. Cold enough too..Roll on winter, at least then we can look forward to Summer 2016

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Some seriously strong winds building over the last hour. Cold enough too..Roll on winter, at least then we can look forward to Summer 2016

Commentator in Croke Park just likened the weather there to October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Some serious looking rain heading up the West Coast at present, should hit Galway soon, went for a walk on the prom and the wind was unreal trying to walk and sand blowing from the beach . Feel sorry for anyone on holidays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Commentator in Croke Park just likened the weather there to October.

But you'll notice it was bone dry! :) As it has been most of the summer.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Rain rain rain. Love it. Not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

A lot of rain has fallen in Cork over the past couple of hours!

But you'll notice it was bone dry! As it has been most of the summer.....

Dry under your umbrella? Rain here almost every single day since June! I'm starting to think you are trolling :-)
    (Que a load of stats to back up your claims of a mostly dry summer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Raining now in Arklow and the ground is getting wet!
    Started suddenly about 10 mins ago
    I was happily wearing a t shirt outside today not feeling cold and why should I in an afternoon peak of 18c

Croke park was actually dry today but that part of Dublin is too far north of the mountains to be in their lee so exposed to the full whack of todays wind
    Its been well stated and backed up often by sat pics,that the east coast anomoly seems to stretch from south Dublin to wexford and about 10 miles inland of that line in this pattern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Raining now in Arklow and the ground is getting wet!
    Started suddenly about 10 mins ago
    I was happily wearing a t shirt outside today not feeling cold and why should I in an afternoon peak of 18c

Croke park was actually dry today but that part of Dublin is too far north of the mountains to be in their lee so exposed to the full whack of todays wind
    Its been well stated and backed up often by sat pics,that the east coast anomoly seems to stretch from south Dublin to wexford and about 10 miles inland of that line in this pattern

Would take ever drop it and just let the 98% be miserable, fire on downstairs heating on upstairs

• Advertisement

Had the misfortune to be at a sporting event locally this evening. Monsoon wouldnt do it justice. Absolutely driving rain gusty wind and cold. I am so sick of this miserable excuse for a summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looking out there this evening now would drive ye to the drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

As bad as it is for us Irish.I feel so sorry for the tourists.I'm nearly embarrassed when I see them.I feel like apologising to them about the weather ; also I don't understand any of the weather charts, and I haven't read full thread, so I apologise in advance of this has been answered, but is there any form of dry sunny hot weather on the way? Or is the summer gone?

Had the misfortune to be at a sporting event locally this evening. Monsoon wouldnt do it justice. Absolutely driving rain gusty wind and cold. I am so sick of this miserable excuse for a summer.

It seems me and you are the only 2 that can see this summer for what it really is, a disaster! One of the worst in the last decade.

It seems me and you are the only 2 that can see this summer for what it really is, a disaster! One of the worst in the last decade.

You can add me to that

ken76 wrote:
    As bad as it is for us Irish.I feel so sorry for the tourists.I'm nearly embarrassed when I see them.I feel like apologising to them about the weather ; also I don't understand any of the weather charts, and I haven't read full thread, so I apologise in advance of this has been answered, but is there any form of dry sunny hot weather on the way? Or is the summer gone?

Why? Most tourists visiting Ireland would be coming from a warmer climate. They can go back to their sunshine again. We have 8 or 9 months to go again before we will see some decent summer weather.

You can add me to that

Why? Most tourists visiting Ireland would be coming from a warmer climate. They can go back to their sunshine again. We have 8 or 9 months to go again before we will see some decent summer weather.

If we are lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

But you'll notice it was bone dry! :) As it has been most of the summer.....

It has rained for the past 3 days in Dublin. In fact here it has rained 23 out of the last 30 days.

Last December was drier than this and the overall wind is about the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This summer is up there with the worst that 2007-2012 brought us, winter clothing on past few days, close to turning on the central heating. Here in meath it's more about that lack of sunshine, low temperatures rather than the rain. feels like mid to late autumn just not as rainy as the really bad summers but the temps are very poor indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gust of 32 knots at Malin head on the 2200 reports, lovely bank holiday weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Iran is the place to be apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

25c and sunny today, made use of the new garden furniture at dinner. Bit breezier later when I went for a walk but helped to stay cool as the sun was still out so all was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Its amazing how some things can be counted on. Leaving Cert fortnight will be fine. Back to school fortnight will be fine. Wicklow Mountain Rain Shield will collapse in spectacular fashion on Bray Summerfest Closing Music night. Every Year!! I was watching the Raintoday radar and laughed as the distinct Rainfall line edged over Bray just as the music started and the rain ended as the music stopped. It was always thus throughout the Festivals history. At one point the organising committee got sick of this and decided to move the Festival from end of July/August to September as the weather always seemed to be fine then. The year they decided to do this??? 1995 :D:D:D. When did the Glorious Summer of 1995 finally break down into torrential downpours?? Bray Summerfest Closing Music Night :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Gonzo wrote: »
    This summer is up there with the worst that 2007-2012 brought us, winter clothing on past few days, close to turning on the central heating. Here in meath it's more about that lack of sunshine, low temperatures rather than the rain. feels like mid to late autumn just not as rainy as the really bad summers but the temps are very poor indeed.

East has escaped the worst of the rain so far - but the west has been hammered as figures for Knock show(even worse along the west coasts as I can attest!!). I think the cold is the real killer though, and the last few weeks has been some of the coldest summer weather I can remember over the last 4 decades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Not heard one clap of thunder this year, shows how heat and humidity have been totally lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Calibos wrote: »
    Its amazing how some things can be counted on. Leaving Cert fortnight will be fine. Back to school fortnight will be fine. Wicklow Mountain Rain Shield will collapse in spectacular fashion on Bray Summerfest Closing Music night. Every Year!! I was watching the Raintoday radar and laughed as the distinct Rainfall line edged over Bray just as the music started and the rain ended as the music stopped. It was always thus throughout the Festivals history. At one point the organising committee got sick of this and decided to move the Festival from end of July/August to September as the weather always seemed to be fine then. The year they decided to do this??? 1995 :D:D:D. When did the Glorious Summer of 1995 finally break down into torrential downpours?? Bray Summerfest Closing Music Night :D:D:D

Ha I was in west Wicklow today and the wind would knock a knacker off his missus

Haha,its not my fault that there has been anomalous fine weather and a lack of rain in an eastern strip of the country due in the main to being at the fortunate end of a land track westerly all summer

That is the second time you have been assailed for reporting the lovely summer Arkla' is having :rolleyes:

See? You get no points for being nice!

This from today's IT:
    “The short answer is no,” said Met Éireann forecaster David Rodgers, who is stating that the weather will be unsettled for “at least a week”.
    Nevertheless, he added: “From a Joe Soap perspective there is nothing terribly horrendous about this summer.”

Spot on :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

25c and sunny today, made use of the new garden furniture at dinner. Bit breezier later when I went for a walk but helped to stay cool as the sun was still out so all was good.

25c my arse, go get a new thermometer!
    (Providing you're in Ireland)

• Advertisement

Dry under your umbrella? Rain here almost every single day since June! I'm starting to think you are trolling :-)
    (Que a load of stats to back up your claims of a mostly dry summer)

I've already produced the stats - but I'm frankly getting tired of people suggesting that about half a dozen of us here reporting from the east coast are not being truthful.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times you'd need an umbrella outside this summer in SE Dublin. ;)

Not my problem is it's not the same where the other half live - I don't control the weather...only enjoy it!

Nice dry balmy night here, 16C, bit of a breeze.....

Advertisement