Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Windy in Galway but no real severe gusts yet as forecast by met eireann....

So ME got it spot on then.. Here in South Tipp (defo not the west) its bright sunny and very windy. Good drying there. But as far removed from a summer day as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been stormy in Castlebar most of the afternoon, highest gust we had so far was 52 km/hr, some very brief heavy showers, but mostly prolonged drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Skies getting darker and winds getting ever wilder. Great to be alive weather! :)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Raining in Galway now wind is alot stronger now and more sustained...hard to believe its august but it is ireland i suppose:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Just back from walking the prom in Galway, we nearly got blown away! Savage wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A very nice looking system.

Tight spiral. Reaching its peak now.

http://sat24.com/

So much for prolonged drizzle, it is bucketing it down now and a new high gust of 59 km/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lahinch looking lively

http://oceanscene.ie/lahinch-webcam/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Still it "hasnt been a bad summer"...eh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

its summer! feck, i didnt know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Blowing a gale and pouring rain here on the Donegal coast, gotten very wild in the past hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Windy alright but at least the sun is shining
    The summer of 1986 was bad round my area,we were proper flooded out of it
    This summer gets a 7 out of 10 from me though for all the previous reasons already set out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mean wind speed 27 kph now, gust 64.4 kph WSW here near Tralee, rain amounts nothing special yet, about 2.6mm. No more going out tonight :)

fhRJPrd.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Wanderer78 wrote: »

My God it's like winter there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just reading back through the posts there, i have to say, it hasn't been a bad summer in my part of north meath, yeah its been cool for a lot of it, but i dont mind that once its dry, which it has been for the majority of the summer, we have had rain, but i can only remember 5 days tops where we got meaningful rain, in saying that i'm sure we'll pay for the dry weather when winter rolls in, as for this evening, its fairly breezy but dry, sun was out earlier, but its clouded over now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I cannot believe this summer will go down as "fairly dry" "better than average" or even a 7/10 ? I need to stop reading this thread as it honestly makes me angry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Very high tide here at the moment with waves crashing over cars parked along the shore, could be some coastal flooding in exposed parts of the west

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

I can't handle the nothingness of the weather in Dublin. Not nice, not bad really, just meh.

I just hope we get a brutal winter, a real long deep freeze. At least that'd be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice gust of 53 knots at Belmullet @ 8pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Promenade in Salthill now closed due flooding from large waves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I has a BBQ this evening. I was sheltered from the wind and the sun was beaming. 20C in the sun. Nice evening for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I cannot believe this summer will go down as "fairly dry" "better than average" or even a 7/10 ? I need to stop reading this thread as it honestly makes me angry

It won't go down as that?? Those of us along the East Coast aren't trying to create that impression either. However, no more than the thin strip of east coasters (albeit with 50% of the POP.) should be allowed to monopolise or create the entire narrative for this Summers weather, neither should the geographical rest of the country with the other 50% of Population be able to monopolise the narrative.

Geographically 90% of the country experienced a dreadful Summer.
    Population wise 50% of the country experienced a dreadful summer

I'm sorry that the postings from a pool of 2 million people along the East Coast who's Summer wasn't quite as bad as yours make you so angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Anyone any idea what the gusts are/were in past hour or two in Castlebar? We're being blown away and the rain has been really heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mace head gusting 49 knots. trees,which are full of leaves are getting a right battering . a horrible night here in castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dunno about the wind but it certainly looks like the closing fireworks display of the Bray Summerfest won't be the washout that the music was last night. The rain from the system moving across the country from the west seems to be dissipating over the Midlands and doesn't look like it'll reach the East Coast. For that I apologise to my west coast and midland brethren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Salthill prom earlier:

https://www.facebook.com/ConnachtTribune/videos/929832127073030/

Dark racing skies here at the mo. Reminds me of November '09!

New Moon

mollzer wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the gusts are/were in past hour or two in Castlebar? We're being blown away and the rain has been really heavy.

62 km/hr was the highest I recorded about an hour ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

August my arse! :mad:

Gusting here like its January

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

An absolute filth hoor of a night in Galway City. Reminds me of Jan/Feb 2014. If it wasn't so windy, I'd have the fire on :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Beautiful Summer's day here; sunny all day, high 20.4C, bit of a breeze. :)

Now partly cloudy, dry and wind picking up - not too bad - yet. 15.1C atm.

Advertisement