Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Should be warmer in the west and Midlands than the east soon,at last for ye

https://twitter.com/GavinPartridge/status/628655707685003265

And a bonus - it will be warmer up here than on the Costa del Bray/Arklow! :D

btw - that page "doesn't exist" !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Should be warmer in the west and Midlands than the east soon,at last for ye

It'll mean nothing unless ye have to put up with what we did for the next two months! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Not the worst ending of a day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Storm never made it here; no rain, bit windy last night - nothing much. Nice clear sunny day again now after cloudy start; 19.2C.

Driest places in the world:

1. Arklow, Co Wicklow
    2. Atacama Desert

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Driest places in the world:

1. Arklow, Co Wicklow
    2. Atacama Desert

I can feel the envy! :cool:

But why exclude South Dublin - Arklow, all in all, isn't as dry as here?

Only in these blissful westerlies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Holidaying up the east coast with my friends the past few days and the weather has been smashing! Sun shining for the vast majority of the time although quite windy - but i'll take that over rain any day....looks like our luck may run out tomorrow though.... :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Holiday In Arklow ! :D

tZXXhaj.jpg?1

leahyl wrote: »
    ....looks like our luck may run out tomorrow though.... :-(

Well if you're this far up the East Coast then I fear it has :(

A very "West of Ireland" morning here with the bit of a breeze and the drizzle and the general gloominess of the land.

Maybe it's sunny in Arklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Well if you're this far up the East Coast then I fear it has :(

A very "West of Ireland" morning here with the bit of a breeze and the drizzle and the general gloominess of the land.

Maybe it's sunny in Arklow?

Nope it's raining in arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

vickers209 wrote: »

Yessssssssssssss!! :D Knee slides across Kitchen Floor....

(Kidding, just kidding :p )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Aye ye all missed that boat,there were vacancies throughout july :D
    Currently dry in Arklow actually but very autumnal

vickers209 wrote:

Aye ye all missed that boat,there were vacancies throughout july Currently dry in Arklow actually but very autumnal

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Which is it?

I'm guessing that at 8.30 it was raining and at 10 it had cleared, same thing happened here in meath, it was raining 15mins ago and now the sun is out, weather is strange like that

Which is it?
    It was raining earlier is that what your asking or what is it you are asking?

I'm guessing that at 8.30 it was raining and at 10 it had cleared, same thing happened here in meath, it was raining 15mins ago and now the sun is out, weather is strange like that

Aye and soon it will rain again
    Thats what the word 'currently' means

Driving moderate rain now
    For anyone using the F5 key

It was raining earlier is that what your asking or what is it you are asking?

Hadn't realised the posts were 90 minutes apart. Still find it funny that you disappear when it's raining and are straight on to report the dry weather

Driving moderate rain now For anyone using the F5 key

Excellent!

Hadn't realised the posts were 90 minutes apart. Still find it funny that you disappear when it's raining and are straight on to report the dry weather

I think you need a rest from the weather forum if thats all you're worried about
    I've reported rain anytime there has been any including the 5 days since the End of may that we had an inch or more and of course that mad thunderstorm last Tuesday week

I think you need a rest from the weather forum if thats all you're worried about I've reported rain anytime there has been any including the 5 days since the End of may that we had an inch or more and of course that mad thunderstorm last Tuesday week

Yeah, you're right. I do need a break from this thread but I keep coming back with hope of reading that the east has been completely washed away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah, you're right. I do need a break from this thread but I keep coming back with hope of reading that the east has been completely washed away.

Dry, sunny and 17.5c here (in Dublin 16), if that's any consolation? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Dreadful morning here in Galway, non stop heavy rain and foggy, this has to be one of the worst summers in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Feel sorry for the tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Thargor wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the tourists.

**** them we have to live with this crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Friend of mine works on the ferries to the Aran Islands and because of the storm last Monday the ferry companies cancelled some trips and some that were operating had to wait of Inishmore for over two hours before they could dock as the sea had risen so high they could not see the harbour pier, they had to wait for the tide to drop back before docking. Now that was some high tide driven by stormy winds to cause the pier to disappear, that never happened to them before.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Dry, sunny and 17.5c here (in Dublin 16), if that's any consolation? :P

Fishing for likes again are you haha
    Horrible now in Arklow, wet windy and only 14c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fishing for likes again are you haha

Raining here now...but...it's still sunny!!! A patch of blue sky over the mountains allowing the sun through. :P 16.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thoroughly miserable in Bray atm with Dense Driving Drizzle. Bray Head obscured. That should give Comfortkid some schadenfreude unless boardsie Schadenfreudia goes and ruins it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

We around Limerick City are enjoying warm sector conditions at the moment. It is fair and pleasantly warm. Expecting rain again in the next couple hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Heavy rain in Galway lol this summer is a joke : /

Advertisement