Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That's based on the Met Eireann monthly report for July, the summer report won't be out until after summer ends. It will be online in early September. July was very wet and cool in many places but in June some stations like Dublin Airport reported their driest June since 1975. Remains to be seen what the weather will be like for the rest of the month but I doubt 2015 will end up being the "worst summer" overall.

Worst May for 19 years and Worst July for 50 years is enough for me to feel content that this was indeed an AWFUL excuse for a summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Every month this year so far has been colder than the 30-year average; add in December and this is the 8 month in a row :eek:

Drizzle here stopped mid-afternoon (total 2.6mm) and it has dried up, some hazy sunshine and now 17.1C (day's high).

Light breeze, very humid still (93%) and feels mild due to the humidity and light wind.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctsv9wpllvj6sap/Web_radar_ico.gif?dl=0

Look at this for a cold front! (I assume)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Every month this year so far has been colder than the 30-year average; add in December and this is the 8 month in a row :eek:

Drizzle here stopped mid-afternoon (total 2.6mm) and it has dried up, some hazy sunshine and now 17.1C (day's high).

Light breeze, very humid still (93%) and feels mild due to the humidity and light wind.
    What are the models showing us for the next 7 to 10 days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

What are the models showing us for the next 7 to 10 days?

Same as last 7-10 I think. Was posted yesterday.

• Advertisement

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Same as last 7-10 I think. Was posted yesterday.

So no improvement then really? I had got the impression things were picking up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I think thursday friday and some of saturday are mainly dry. After that normal service resumes. I see there predicting another heatwave in england this august so maybe eastern parts of ireland might benifit from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

So no improvement then really? I had got the impression things were picking up?

The models were showing an improvement yesterday , with pressure rising from the south west from Wednesday of next week. But that was gone on this mornings runs. Still small hints on the ECM 12z but I wouldn't hold your breath same old story for the north and west. While the rest of Europe has temperatures into the mid 30's. A terrible summer so far.

The models were showing an improvement yesterday , with pressure rising from the south west from Wednesday of next week. But that was gone on this mornings runs.

That hint of high temps didn't last very long, did it?

I think the constant westerlies are with us at least until the continent cools down in September.

Same pattern every summer from 2007 - 2012. The new "normal"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The lads down the wesht will be delighted to hear its absolutely bucketing down here in the east, well the north east anyway, really dirty night out there

• Advertisement

The lads down the wesht will be delighted to hear its absolutely bucketing down here in the east, well the north east anyway, really dirty night out there

I hate to say it...but not here :)

Mild humid night. 16C, no wind.

I hate to say it...but not here :)

Mild humid night. 16C, no wind.

Yeah just looked at the chart, just over meath it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely blessed with the weather last few days in Dublin - was at Dublin Zoo yesterday, which was fantastic by the way, and we got one heavy shower which we went into a cafe to escape and when we came out again 20 minutes later it was dry again. Then went out for dinner last night in Dublin city centre and it was mild out, beautiful night! Last night tonight and we're staying in Navan! Then it's home to the real capital ;-) a delightful few days made all the better by the weather :-)

Nearly half ten and no sign of the Arklow boys?

Probably out sunbathing! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Went towards Waterford this morning, its a fine morning here.

A dull dark morning in Limerick but warmish and calm so I suppose I should be grateful for that at least.

leahyl wrote: »
    Last night tonight and we're staying in Navan!

Your'e so lucky ;)

WheatenBriar and Schadenfreudia

I'm sorry, I was only messing when I wished ye were washed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Your'e so lucky ;)

Lol I know...its only one night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

After yesterdays washout the evening cleared up to a nice sunny end to the day. Today thats been replaced by thick grey cloud but at least its dry.

Speaking of which the suns just come out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its actually completely calm in my back garden. Eerily quiet

Showery here in south Tipp recent downpour temperature 16 degrees. Last night was another miserable dark dank affair. We aren't in the west either and I certainly wouldn't class this as a good summer in fact below average sums it up best. And when you consider how rubbish an average Irish summer is well that tells its own story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Showery here in south Tipp recent downpour temperature 16 degrees. Last night was another miserable dark dank affair. We aren't in the west either and I certainly wouldn't class this as a good summer in fact below average sums it up best. And when you consider how rubbish an average Irish summer is well that tells its own story.

Yikes! 21.2c here in strong sunshine and a light SW land breeze
    I'm expecting humdingers in the afternoon in that heat energy if convergence gets going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Nearly half ten and no sign of the Arklow boys?

Probably out sunbathing! :-)
    well working in it tbh
    Plus my phone was charging

Grass frost tonight mentioned by ME there. Temperatures falling back to 5-8 Degrees tonight autumn if ever I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Strange circular object in the sky in kilkee. Local and visitors baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A strangely pleasant day of 16C so far in Castlebar, just a shame we have the usual moderate breeze and broken cloud, but at least its not raining for the first time this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Strange circular object in the sky in kilkee. Local and visitors baffled.

Don't miss it, people! ;)

[...]The sun will make a slow transit across the sky from 6am this morning and appear to cross the area above the hemisphere from east to west.

The visible passing of the sun happens very rarely over Ireland due to the low lying clouds of rain which linger over the misery of its people. [...]

Pouring down now again!

Seriously considering heading to Arklow for a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Despite Google saying its 14 degrees in Bray I can assure people it's Tshirt weather now that the Sun is breaking through haze and broken cloud. Google shows a forecast high of 19 at 6pm. I think it's more likely that's what the actual temp is right now and not 14.

Sorry, sorry, sorry....

Advertisement