Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Calibos wrote:
    Sorry, sorry, sorry....

I need to get myself a little weather station so I can share my misery with ye. Feels like about 14c. Heavy drizel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

Heavy day here in Dublin 8....

Have to back up those arkla boys... I head down that way just inland from Gorey every weekend and it's been pretty dry... spent 2 hours on Sunday night watering the garden. ... missis had just planted a few new plants and the ground was bone dry..... just sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Raining here almost dark even between the showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

gone very dull/dark here D17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

Beautiful evening now in Limerick. Easily over 20celcius out of the breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Sunny all day in Arklow, peaked above 21 at one stage
    Currently 18.7 and cloudier

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

23c and plenty of sun this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    What part of Limerick are you in? I'm about 12 miles outside the city and it certainly isn't 20celcius. No breeze whatsoever here either :-/

Maybe it just rains over your house ;)

Maybe it just rains over your house

It seems that way alright. I feel like a lier even though I'm telling the truth. Just started raining about 5 minutes ago again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's been a nice day in Cork for the most part - lovely a sunny now with a few clouds about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Very nice in west Cork too all day. A bit of a breeze but we are well used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Nice sunny day in Galway warm-ish...looking at the latest weather charts with all those depressions coming across the atlantic one after another... better enjoy the weather now while you can...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Honestly its like being in a different country when the sun shines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

ComfortKid wrote: »
    WheatenBriar and Schadenfreudia

I'm sorry, I was only messing when I wished ye were washed away.

I take great Comfort from that Kid ;)

Good sunny day here - actually calm, that's unusual - and high 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

theres actually "cool" feeling out there, clear skies here in castlebar, rural areas will get quite cold tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

First day and in ages not to be blasted by eitheir wind or rain on my place in North Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Birdnuts wrote: »
    First day and in ages not to be blasted by eitheir wind or rain on my place in North Mayo.

Autumnal morning here but at least its dry and calm and somewhat bright. No sun yet but at least there's patches of blue sky about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Oh, it is a beautiful autumn morning. Blue, blue skies with faint wisps of clouds. If it lasts for a while I may finally get some grass strimmed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Back to London after a thoroughly miserable week in Donegal, the last couple of days weren't all that bad but I reckon the highest temperature all week was around 17C with rain every day

Expecting up to 27C for the next few days over here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Down to 4.7 degrees in Castlebar at 06:30, climbing quickly now. Clear blue skies and light winds

• Advertisement

Gorgeous morning in Arklow
    16c
    Overnight low was 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Beautiful morning in Cork - sunny & warm love it :D

It's a glorious morning here in Limerick. Blue Sky, very calm and it's actually nice and warm for this time of the morning!

Might see 20c by lunch time if it stays this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Autumnal morning here but at least its dry and calm and somewhat bright. No sun yet but at least there's patches of blue sky about.
    Oh, it is a beautiful autumn morning. Blue, blue skies with faint wisps of clouds. If it lasts for a while I may finally get some grass strimmed! :pac:

Why are you saying Autumn, when it's still Summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

murpho999 wrote: »

Well for me August September October can feel a bit weird for saying Autumn, but I do think that November December January captures Winter so i go with it. I guess also (for me again, so feel free to disagree) the old Cross Quarter festivals sort of mark out the year...so Spring starts with Imbolc in February, Summer starts with Bealtaine in May, Autumn starts with Lughnasadh in August and Winter rolls in with Samhain at the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What a great day out there.

Best country in the world when the sun is shining.

murpho999 wrote:

Not this again :-/

I would consider summer to be June July and August. But in school I was taught it's May June and July so you can't really pull anyone up for saying August is Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well for me August September October can feel a bit weird for saying Autumn, but I do think that November December January captures Winter so i go with it. I guess also (for me again, so feel free to disagree) the old Cross Quarter festivals sort of mark out the year...so Spring starts with Imbolc in February, Summer starts with Bealtaine in May, Autumn starts with Lughnasadh in August and Winter rolls in with Samhain at the end of October.

I go to a Czech girl for a bit of physio and their seasons are done by the Equinox she was telling me.

Winter from the Shortest day to the Spring Equinox. Spring from the Spring Equinox to Longest Day. Summer from Longest day to Autumn Equinox. Autumn from Autumn Equinox to Shortest day.

edit to add this link :: Covers it pretty well http://www.studuju.cz/latka-1050

First seabreeze in yonks in Arklow causing some convection towards the wicklow mtns

I'll try attach 2 photos one of the blue sky looking in the direction of the seabreeze and the coast with blue sky
    The other inland where a sharp shower looks like its already developed just in one hour
    Amazing looking at this explode since half nine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Well for me August September October can feel a bit weird for saying Autumn, . I guess also (for me again, so feel free to disagree) the old Cross Quarter festivals sort of mark out the year...so Spring starts with Imbolc in February, Summer starts with Bealtaine in May, Autumn starts with Lughnasadh in August and Winter rolls in with Samhain at the end of October.

Summer is the warmest months of the year. Here are the warmest months in order:
    1. July
    2. August
    3. June
    In some regions in Ireland, August is actually the warmest month of the Summer.

Winter is the coldest months of the year. Here they are in order:
    1. January
    2. February
    3. December
    In some regions, December is colder than February.
    but I do think that November December January captures Winter so i go with it

So you have no logical reasoning for it then?

Advertisement