Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Siobhan said on the forecast after the 9 oclock news that there are "tentative" signs of some decent summer weather but "still all to play for".
    She would have been commenting on the latest ECM.
    Not happening. Looks like old St Swithin and not the ECM gets it right!
    Roll on September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It was actually a lovely summer (but felt like autumn) early morning here. It didn't take long to revert to type though breezy cool and cloudy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dark, dull and wet in Castlebar at 12.5C, actually miserable sums it up, looks like the last two days could end up being our best in August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Glorious sunny day with that wee westerly breeze and a high of 20.2C after yesterday afternoon's shocking convergence episode and 1mm of drizzly muck.

If we never see another convergence again I'll be happy!

Getting cloudier now - is there something moving in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

But convergence usually means thunder
    What sort of weather fan are you :p

• Advertisement

But convergence usually means thunder
    What sort of weather fan are you :p

But early yesterday afternoon was cold (13C), dark, and drizzly - in August! And no thunder, nor a puff of wind.

I wouldn't mind a mega thunderstorm - but they are as rare as hens teeth here this days....climate change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Absolutely lashing in Galway City. A cruel day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Cold, Grey and Damp in Cork.

And Wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

And Wind.

Pretty much sums up Achill as well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The front has given me a total of half a millimeter. About 9mm so far this month and still a soil moisture deficit in my parts after the June drought.
    Tomorrow will be a day for filling the watering cans and giving the garden a good soaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I haven't had to water my plants at all this summer-not even the containers which usually wilt after a couple of days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Strange looking sky over Limerick right now, really dark grey clouds (which have been around all day) but they have turned a lovely reddish colour. Never seen thick, low rain clouds do this.

Won't come out on my camera though! :-(

sunbeam wrote: »
    I haven't had to water my plants at all this summer-not even the containers which usually wilt after a couple of days.

It has been the same for me, the wind has been an issue though with knocking containers and pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

25c and little to no wind today. A tough day to start cycling again after 2 years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has rained every day here for the past 11 days. It's alos too cold to leave the windows open and I've had to use the heating a few nights. Very, very cold August. Went for a walk this afternoon wearing a heavy hoodie and I wish I brought gloves with me as my hands were numb again I got back.

No global warming for Ireland anyway.

But early yesterday afternoon was cold (13C), dark, and drizzly - in August! And no thunder, nor a puff of wind.

I wouldn't mind a mega thunderstorm - but they are as rare as hens teeth here this days....climate change?
    well I had one less than a fortnight ago,quite mega!

In other news,got sunburnt today pulling ragwort weeds :/

In other news,got sunburnt today pulling ragwort weeds :/

At least you were pulling them; not everyone around Arklow is - especially the County Council which seems to be intent on breeding them!

Nice mild evening; partly cloudy with some great pink/red/yellow colours reflecting from the high clouds.

Calm and 16C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

And Wind.

It's grim enough out there alright - justification for a late evening alcohol run :D

Every co co in the country ignore ragwort not just wicklow despite them being an illegal noxious weed
    They are poisonous to cattle
    No rain here this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not enough to even wet the car roof here never mind the ground, westy's stop hogging all the rain!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Another dark grim day here but very little rain. Just a light mist. Still depressing though. Think my vitamin d levels are hitting an all time low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do not look at the GFS synopsis. Or else.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

another awful dull weekend in cork starting to rain now aswell pure crap

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

rubbish weather cork city it has been like this for 2 straight months now dark grey and pish in the air

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

A few seeds I set in May which should have sprouted straight away have just broke soil today. Must of been that bit of sun we got Friday.. Cloudy again today though although its warm enough for a tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Humidity, Fohn, whatever it is.....but it's feckin oppressive here in Bray. Shop windows open, ceiling fans on and when the sun is uncovered by the breaks in the clouds it feels positively hot on the skin. Sweatin' buckets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

AS if proof were needed about the heat and humidity in Bray.....

The Flying Ants have started swarming!

Calibos wrote: »
    AS if proof were needed about the heat and humidity in Bray.....

Someone's voodoo doll must have worked.

Calibos wrote: »

-

Yep, was above in Glencullen and it felt very warm (low 20s) mainly sunny and humid; masses of flying ants everywhere - in some places the ground looked as it it was alive with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I see met eireann are forecasting some heavy rain and possible thunder and lightening for the next 24 hrs. Im hoping to see some fireworks.

Advertisement