Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

moeblogs wrote: »
    Splitting the stones in Waterford City.. Mid 20's..No Breeze..

My car showing current temp of 17 in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I bought tropical plants for the garden at the start of july and it turned out to be the coldest july for 50 years lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

19 already here. Cracking morning. Off for a walk now to enjoy it. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

moeblogs wrote:
    Splitting the stones in Waterford City.. Mid 20's..No Breeze..

Is that "mid 20s" a guess? I doubt somehow it's anywhere near 25c

Was nice and sunny here all morning, now overcast again. Woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Overcast with slight breeze here so far today. Such S**te grrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Lovely here near Arklow, strong seabreeze today though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Completely fed up with all the cloudy days we have had in Galway, every bloody evening around 7pm it clears up, badly need some sun

I was in Fuengirola Spain in May and they have had no rain sine then, look at this live stream camera it would make you sick.

Link: http://webcamfuengirola.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull, overcast and dry in Castlebar, 11.6C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Completely fed up with all the cloudy days we have had in Galway, every bloody evening around 7pm it clears up, badly need some sun
    I was in Fuengirola Spain in May and they have had no rain sine then, look at this live stream camera it would make you sick.
    Galway had sun last week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Drum roll.....

I would say this is the nicest day we have had in South Tipperary all summer. Ots sunny its calm and its warm. It's absolutely glorious a pet day I think is the colloquial term used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning Weather down here in Wexford. Like a different country

No sun to be seen in Galway maybe it will clear up in the evening as it usually does when the sun is about to go down :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Sure Bray probably looks that today!

Lovely here in Dublin 3, blue sky, slight breeze, 20ish degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today could be the warmest day of the year in many parts of the country with temps reaching 20 or 21C, particularly in the west and south where temps were well below average all summer.

Enjoy today and tomorrow while it lasts as normal service resumes from Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

spent most of my childhood summers in Fuengirola, used to spent weeks on end there at any one time, had no idea how lucky I was back then. Fantastic place, fantastic climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Not saying much I know but nicest day since mid June here in Cork city. Blue sky, no breeze, temps are only 18/19 I think but under the sun it feels a helluva lot warmer. Had lunch outside but had to come in after 30 mins as too hot - a rare complaint this "summer".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

KungPao wrote: »
    Sure Bray probably looks that today!

Lovely here in Dublin 3, blue sky, slight breeze, 20ish degrees.

Costa Del Bray i'tis alright.

https://www.facebook.com/themartellobray/posts/974431232577729

When I saw the convection and cloud formation get going again earlier except for the coastal strip along the east coast I thought, "Oh No! Summer 2014 type thing for the rest of the country" Thankfully that seemed to halt and reverse and the forming cloud has dissipated again meaning clear skies spreading back across the midlands towards the North West. Hopefully the clearing will arrive in Connaught while theres still some heat left in the Sun and usable daylight left.

I'm off to walk the dogs and top up the suntanburn from Monday :D

I would say this is the nicest day we have had in South Tipperary all summer. Ots sunny its calm and its warm. It's absolutely glorious a pet day I think is the colloquial term used.

Enjoy it, I'm only a half hour away and it's overcast with a slight cool breeze. Must be the galtees

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Glorious day in south east- paddling pool out for the kids, literally cant believe it! Have to make the most of this! ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Absolute cracker in wexford, no breeze no clouds hot and wall to wall sunshine

OK maybe not hot but warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Current cam image from Moycullen overlooking Lough Corrib and NE Galway. Glorious steely blue skies and blazing hot sunshine. Will it ever end?

358346.PNG

From www.moycullenweather.com/wxindex.php

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Lovely here near Arklow, strong seabreeze today though

Nobel prize for being outstanding in your own field ;)

After a good start the sea breeze now has dropped the temp back by a degree - we just can't escape the breeze here.

19.5C now - but there is a glorious blue dome over everything to every horizon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Not saying much I know but nicest day since mid June here in Cork city. Blue sky, no breeze, temps are only 18/19 I think but under the sun it feels a helluva lot warmer. Had lunch outside but had to come in after 30 mins as too hot - a rare complaint this "summer".

Fab day, the lack of a breeze definitely made it feel much warmer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wall to wall sunshine with cobalt blue skies. Wish it was the weekend! Light sea breeze keeping the temps down but still lovely outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hooter23 wrote: »
    No sun to be seen in Galway maybe it will clear up in the evening as it usually does when the sun is about to go down :/

Just as i said it would be the sun is now out in Galway better late than never and now we have a chance at seeing the meteor shower tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Just as i said it would be the sun is now out in Galway better late than never and now we have a chance at seeing the meteor shower tonight

Clear sky here still - what time is the shower at??

Clear sky here still - what time is the shower at??

From 11pm onwards till morning

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33850710

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

As all things are to the skies tonight the ISS will pass over at 2227 tonight, approaching from the west. plenty of clear skies to go out for a look.

• Advertisement

As all things are to the skies tonight the ISS will pass over at 2227 tonight, approaching from the west. plenty of clear skies to go out for a look.

Cool i just saw it there passing over :)

Advertisement