Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Hows next weekend looking sat in particular anyone want to take a stab?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads my weather app is predicting over 30mm of rain for sunday along the east coast, is this right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Lads my weather app is predicting over 30mm of rain for sunday along the east coast, is this right?

I certainly hope not! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I certainly hope not! :eek:

Yeah on my website (in my signature) I've issued a yellow status warning for heavy rain on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Fab fab eve in D7....just back from run...roasting. ..must be bout 22

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Getting very dull now in Arklow ahead of the rain out in the irish sea thats heading this way see attached radar
    Downpours imminent though currently dru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Getting very dull now in Arklow ahead of the rain out in the irish sea thats heading this way see attached radar

That looks like some pretty intense downpours heading our way. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Tommorow looks promising......for a duck.
    Where did the forecast for tommorow come from? The Met Eireann website weren't forecasting something so bad yesterday.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Tommorow looks promising......for a duck.
    Where did the forecast for tommorow come from? The Met Eireann website weren't forecasting something so bad yesterday.

They did, from yesterday morning, i was reading the forecast and heavy rain, surface water and possible flooding was all mentioned

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The next week is gonna be terrible for all of us, so much rain and cool conditions up to next weekend at the earliest.

• Advertisement

They did, from yesterday morning, i was reading the forecast and heavy rain, surface water and possible flooding was all mentioned
    Sunday will be mostly cloudy with showers or longer spells of rain in places. Highest temperatures of 16 to 19 degrees with light breezes.

That's yesterday's forecast.

That's yesterday's forecast.

Thats not what i read

Thats not what i read

Ya didn't read it yesterday morning in that case.

Ya didn't read it yesterday morning in that case.

I read the daily forecast from here and thats similar to the forecast you quoted me, got a link to yesterdays met eireann forecast?

I read the daily forecast from here and thats similar to the forecast you quoted me, got a link to yesterdays met eireann forecast?

The forecast here is just a copy of the Met Eireann forecast since M.T left.

The forecast here is just a copy of the Met Eireann forecast since M.T left.

Ok then.

That's heading this way...??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

That's heading this way...??

The bulk and the worst of it seems to have run up the middle of the Irish Sea in a NNE direction avoiding most of Ireland and Wales in the process.

EAT IT IOM!! (Never forgiven for the IOM Shadow during the Snowy Winters)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Yellow rain warning issued

Up to 50mm rain over mountains 😨

Think I heard thunder in the east; like darkness at noon here.

I'll try and post a photo...this is difficult, you need all your ducks in a row to do this and it helps to be sober....:)

4ZfPDzn.jpg

• Advertisement

Pouring down here but from the radar,its meandering out at sea for a while getting readyfor its proper attack tomorrow

Pouring down here but from the radar,its meandering out at sea for a while getting readyfor its proper attack tomorrow

Just a few spits and spots here so far....it seems Wheaten's Giant Purple Splodge is staying off-shore for now ;)

Temp has fallen back to 15.5C.

Just a few spits and spots here so far....it seems Wheaten's Giant Purple Splodge is staying off-shore for now ;)

Temp has fallen back to 15.5C.
    Unfortunately it has came ashore now and guess who's under it,see attached screengrab

Lashing in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Though we're from Ireland look at BBC Weather's website and go down to feature and watch the "weather for the week ahead" video, you can see where the heavy rain is likely to be during Sunday

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Though we're from Ireland look at BBC Weather's website and go down to feature and watch the "weather for the week ahead" video, you can see where the heavy rain is likely to be during Sunday

The bbc rain graphics are usually super accurate, and best viewed on the bbc news 24 channel on the half hour every half hour, they're derived from very up to date data on those bulletins
    Because theres still some uncertainty on placing, that week ahead video may not pan out exactly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Still nothing in Bray yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Calibos wrote: »
    Still nothing in Bray yet.

Misty drizzly here, was proper light rain for about half an hour here earlier, seems hit and miss if Bray down the road isnt getting any.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Picking up a few big showers here near Tralee, 4mm so far. Very little surface wind but can see strands of cirrus moving in different directions further up and when there are breaks big convection can be seen, so plenty stirring . No sign of any Spherics as yet but getting increasingly thundery looking.

Got up to 18.4C during a sunny spell, back now to 16.1C after the last shower.

Nothing here yet but that mass of rain in the Irish Sea is just offshore...it's still very dull and cooler now at 14.4C from an earlier 17C.

Just taking a last stroll across the brownish concrete hard lawn and the dry dusty ground under the trees to wave it goodbye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Leading a charmed life here. Theres some ominous looking clouds over Tubbercurry and Charlestown direction but there not hitting here. Id say there getting washed out of it. Would take a pic but camera on phone is crap.

Advertisement