Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Calibos wrote: »
    Still nothing in Bray yet.
    I am told there is nothing in Bray at all.

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

joujoujou wrote: »
    I am told there is nothing in Bray at all.

;)

Now now!

Still no rain here.....it's 13.5C and humidity is 97%; calm but feeling cold and damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Heavy drizzle for a while after my earlier post about 7'ish. Looks like we'll get something more substantial in the next hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate rain in Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

31C here in London today, glorious weather though looks like it'll be our last summers day for a while, a bleak week ahead for both sides of the Irish Sea coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

pad199207 wrote: »
    Moderate rain in Wexford

Currently dry in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dry here too, really wishing this didn't go west again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Supercell, dont worry its not all gone west, another batch on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cork seems to be a rain magnet , incredible how it seems to make a bulls eye for there consistently and misses here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Very quiet in here. It poured rain here last night for about 4 hours. At the moment its not making any. But im sure theres plenty on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Well "Summer" is coming to an end and I think I speak for many on the West coast that will be glad to see the back of it. Another rubbish day on my place in North Mayo and all the more painfull seeing the West coast of Scotland get to 26C today while we struggled to mid teens. Has been one of the worst I can remember. I know its been better in the East but compared to what the rest of Europe has had, it has to go down as a major disappointment overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Birdnuts wrote:
    Well "Summer" is coming to an end and I think I speak for many on the West coast that will be glad to see the back of it. Another rubbish day on my place in North Mayo and all the more painfull seeing the West coast of Scotland get to 26C today while we struggled to mid teens. Has been one of the worst I can remember. I know its been better in the East but compared to what the rest of Europe has had, it has to go down as a major disappointment overall.

Not just "The West" . The whole country had a horrible summer bar a thin little strip on the east coast. Roll on Summer 2016 eh.

Id say this summer gave 2012 a run for its money. Heard them saying again on the met eireann forecast that the sea temperatures were below average for the time of year. Wonder if that has anything to do with all this crap weather.

I was speaking to my daughter in London yesterday and it was 30deg and the sun was beating down........ It was 15deg here and never stopped raining all day ... I couldn't even take a the dog for a walk !! And i live on the East coast (julianstown)

I know our weather was better than the West but overall it's been a very disappointing summer here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Not just "The West" . The whole country had a horrible summer bar a thin little strip on the east coast. Roll on Summer 2016 eh.

Nail on head....

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

the chart in the OP is valid from today - anyone care to comment on its accuracy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

mg1982 wrote: »
    Id say this summer gave 2012 a run for its money. Heard them saying again on the met eireann forecast that the sea temperatures were below average for the time of year. Wonder if that has anything to do with all this crap weather.

Sorry whatcha mean about Summer 2012? Summer 2012 was 3x worse than this Summer. Grange's poulter index for example in Summer 2015 is 349 (slightly above average of 345) but Summer 2012's poulter index was only 298.

I know memory is often wrong when it comes to weather due to nostalgia, but I thought 2012 was a grand summer? Certainly better than this year. The only really bad summers I can remember are 07 and 08 and the only really good ones I remember are 06,13 and maybe last year

I know memory is often wrong when it comes to weather due to nostalgia, but I thought 2012 was a grand summer? Certainly better than this year. The only really bad summers I can remember are 07 and 08 and the only really good ones I remember are 06,13 and maybe last year

Yeah I remember 2012 very well! 2012 was stunningly wet and dull. Fact: It was my second dullest Summer on record since 1986. It was my wettest Summer on record! June was one of my wettest months on record with 182.4mm which comes 378% of the LTA. You would be right about the other bad summers and good ones though. Just letting ya know, Summer 2012 was anything but grand!

sryanbruen wrote:
    July 1995 wasn't dry always and on the 16th, I had my (2nd now) wettest July day on record with 42.4mm which was over 78% of my monthly total for that month.

sryanbruen wrote:
    Yeah I remember 2012 very well! 2012 was stunningly wet and dull. Fact: It was my second dullest Summer on record since 1986. It was my wettest Summer on record! June was one of my wettest months on record with 182.4mm which comes 378% of the LTA. You would be right about the other bad summers and good ones though. Just letting ya know, Summer 2012 was anything but grand!

Your saying 2012 was wetter than 08? Maybe in your area but definitely not in mine. 2012 was dull mostly but I don't recall that much rain

• Advertisement

Your saying 2012 was wetter than 08? Maybe in your area but definitely not in mine. 2012 was dull mostly but I don't recall that much rain

Let's talk about this in this thread because this is supposed to be talking about Summer 2015. My reply back will be posted in it btw.

"Worst Irish summer ?"

August 23rd recorded 32.4mm adding my total up to 62.2mm which is 97% of my August average and it looks like I will have a wetter than normal month overall due to rain tomorrow.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    August 23rd recorded 32.4mm adding my total up to 62.2mm which is 97% of my August average and it looks like I will have a wetter than normal month overall due to rain tomorrow.

Still need another 25mm here to reach average August rainfall...hopefully that won't happen.

Sorry whatcha mean about Summer 2012? Summer 2012 was 3x worse than this Summer. Grange's poulter index for example in Summer 2015 is 349 (slightly above average of 345) but Summer 2012's poulter index was only 298.

Oh i know 2012 was a terrible summer here too. It had higher rainfall totals but not by much id say in these parts. But this year was colder.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Oh i know 2012 was a terrible summer here too. It had higher rainfall totals but not by much id say in these parts. But this year was colder.

Yeah ino, coldest Summers in my records

1. 1986 - largely due to the late Autumn-like August
    2. 1993
    3. 2015
    4. 2011
    5. 2012

Due to the looks of no heating up, I am CERTAIN that the August deviation of average will be -1.5c below normal at Grange by the 31st, right now it is -0.9c below normal which is quite similar to most of the months during the year {January, March, April and June} whilst others had deviations of -1.0c or more.

We are heading for the ninth successive month with below average temperatures here in Dublin, December - August inclusive!

Wonder how often that has happened before?

We are heading for the ninth successive month with below average temperatures here in Dublin, December - August inclusive!

December at Grange was strangely warmer than normal with +0.4c above normal. I honestly don't know how. September 2012 - May 2013 was my longest run of cold months since records began.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Not surprising

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=330

• Advertisement

December at Grange was strangely warmer than normal with +0.4c above normal.

There's that micro-climate again! :)

Advertisement