Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

It's not bad here , sunny here but its really windy , the wind is making feel really chilly at times

In Birmingham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Still warm and sunny; temp just touched 20.0C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Heavy downpours in Louth. Lasted for about 20mins with a nice touch of thunder and lightening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Very windy in Arklow
    Also,as expected the thunder of the past few days has killed the ducklings before they hatched :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mostly sunny all day so far, 19C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

I like the way that chart in the original post keeps updating! Currently has a nice big high pressure centered over Ireland for Monday 7th September...the week I am taking off work :cool:

That's funny .....I'm also in Louth and no rain at all so far today ??
    Just south of Drogheda :-)

Oops spoke too soon!! ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

That's funny .....I'm also in Louth and no rain at all so far today ??
    Just south of Drogheda :-)

I'm at Cooley Pennisula up in NE Louth. Scattered showers all day really. No peep from the Thunder gods since lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely day here, some very brief light showers, not enough to register on the rain gauge so far, max 20.6 C earlier.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy showers in north meath since lunchtime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Low tide plus relativity low rains amounts the past while in the greater dublin region equals...

CNgbOdLUsAA39Mt.jpg:large

Pic by TV 3' Deric Hartigan

High 20.2C up here, no showers - glorious sunny day - still 16.4C but the sun is set behind the hills. Light breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Overall brutal day here. A fitting way to end the summer i suppose.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Low tide plus relativity low rains amounts the past while in the greater dublin region equals...

CNgbOdLUsAA39Mt.jpg:large

Pic by TV 3' Deric Hartigan

Some fairly dangerous looking killer seagulls there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Originally Posted by Iancar29 View Post

Reminds me of that Bagatelle song :rolleyes:

Showery day here in Kerry with increasing sunshine as the day went on, got up to a nice 18.5C here outside Tralee. 5mm of rainfall. Nights really closing in now, overcast this evening and nearly dark.

Reminds me of that Bagatelle song :rolleyes:

You mean the "stinks like hell" bit? !

You posted about Cumulus congestus on (another?) thread - I had to google it.

It was more a Cumulus mediocris day here - which may be what the clouds in the photo are?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

You mean the "stinks like hell" bit? !

You posted about Cumulus congestus on (another?) thread - I had to google it.

It was more a Cumulus mediocris day here - which may be what the clouds in the photo are?

They look like that all right and maybe a few Humilus as well otherwise known as fair weather clouds :)

Drab sort of day today, overcast with a light breeze, 15.4C . Time to get stuck into the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Has been a lovely morning here - don't have a thermometer but I'd say its 19-20C here on the coast with a nice W SW wind.

Peaked (?) here earlier at 20.1C; now partly cloudy with clouds spilling over the hills from time to time and blocking the sun.

Still clear directly overhead but the sun is now that bit lower. Only a month ago in identical conditions the sunshine would be unbroken!

Only three days left till Autumn....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wherever there is clears skies you will have a great view of the supermoon tonight it looks massive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Just taking the national average as a whole, this Summer is likely to finish the coolest since summer 2011.

IMT summer stats up to Aug 28th using the mean of the 11 stations mentioned by M.T in the competition thread.

Deviation from 1961-1990 mean: -0.5c
    Deviation from 1981-2010 mean: -1.3c

Data c/o met.ie.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    J

Deviation from 1961-1990 mean: -0.5c
    Deviation from 1981-2010 mean: -1.3c

That would imply the 1961 - 1990 mean was warmer than the 1981 - 2010 mean :eek:

That would imply the 1961 - 1990 mean was warmer than the 1981 - 2010 mean :eek:

My mistake as got wires crossed (as usual), the 1961-1990 IMT summer average is around 0.8c cooler than its respective 1981-2010 mean

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

My mistake as got wires crossed (as usual), the 1961-1990 IMT summer average is around 0.8c cooler than its respective 1981-2010 mean

Isn't that what your first post shows?

The deviation is 0.5C cooler than 61-90 but 1.3C cooler than 81-10 so the 61-90 mean is 0.8C colder

Harps wrote: »

The deviation is 0.5C cooler than 61-90 but 1.3C cooler than 81-10 so the 61-90 mean is 0.8C colder

Upon mature reflection......:D

Harps wrote: »

Yep, but initially I had it the other way around, I corrected the mistake just before the eagle eyed Schadenfreudia (had to copy and paste that name as my spelling skills are severely limited) quoted it.

New Moon

Yep, but initially I had it the other way around, I corrected the mistake just before the eagle eyed Schadenfreudia (had to copy and paste that name as my spelling skills are severely limited) quoted it.

Thank you! I thought I made a mistake...was going to submit it to the Guinness Book of Records! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Here in Southern Poland we have had the best summer you could wish for. Its been near enough wall to wall sunshine for 15 weeks. The big problem now we have entered drought conditions and our river is near enough bone dry with grass/bush fires.
    Yesterday we had to call out the fire service to extinguish a large bush fire (Possibly caused by a fag butt) that was getting very close to our house (Fanned by strong winds).
    I think records are showing we have had over 60 days over 30c and hottest temperature I recorded was 40.1c on the 8th August, but officially our nearest station recorded 39.8c.
    I haven't cut the grass in 2 months as its dead, our fields of potatoes had to be lifted early because of the dry and hot conditions too.

No real noticeable rain since end of May, apart form some severe thunderstorms that have produced little or no rain!

On the plus point, the kids have had 10 weeks off with weather they have spent all the time outside in (Apart from 13.00-15.00) when they come indoors.

Looks like another 3 days of very hot weather before promised cooler rain comes. Today is currently 33.9c

Hopefully now we will have a cold snowy winter to follow on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'm pretty sure weather in Poland will significantly deteriorate between 13 and 18 September - that's the time I'll be on my holidays over there. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

joujoujou wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure weather in Poland will significantly deteriorate between 13 and 18 September - that's the time I'll be on my holidays over there. :p

And I'll be in Ireland then!

Advertisement