Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Worlds (Early Access)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It looks nice, but the problem I have with these type of games is I have no cue what to do once I get in! I might put 2 boxes on top of each other and my creative juices are all dried up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A Lego version of Minecraft...we have finally come full circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    It looks nice, but the problem I have with these type of games is I have no cue what to do once I get in! I might put 2 boxes on top of each other and my creative juices are all dried up...

You can build loads of things

A house, a robot, eh, a plane/car/spaceship thingy, a tower.... eh, did I say a house?

I'm definitely picking this up later when i get home.

For my son... yes, my son

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Sounds like you need the "3rd Box DLC Pre-Order Pack", really ties the loose ends in the game together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sounds like you need the "3rd Box DLC Pre-Order Pack", really ties the loose ends in the game together

Can't, it was an exclusive for BestBuy in America, we only got Gamestops "Box customization skins DLC" and it gets old showing off my crude Irish flag coloured boxes to random LEGO bears.

Wonder what the depth of pieces in builder is like. Is it basic bricks and the like or would there be more outlandish stuff before the themed packs emerge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

2 words people: LEGO DRAGON!

350805.png

Right, So I played around with this for a while with my 6 year old and it's taking a bit of getting used to. It's quite rough around the edges in terms of how the construction mechanics work and the controls need a lot of polishing, but my son didn't seem to mind

The construction system is very fiddly at the moment. I can see that it will be very powerful once I get used to it and once some of the community feedback gets taken on board

We got to fly on a dragon, fight skeletons, ride a sheep, got killed in lava a bunch of times, crashed the game using a drilling machine underwater...

It was fun

Shiminay wrote: »
    2 words people: LEGO DRAGON!
    Yep. And it was awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Aparently you can create models using the Lego Digital Designer http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/ and then import those models into Lego World.

From Steam
    Export the LDD LXFML files and put them here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds\Mods\Models

They will now show up in your models list. Though they might be missing an icon, so make sure you name them correctly!

The same works in reverse, though we heavily recommend that you backup anything you put INTO LDD, as it might not be 100% compatible and may break your models.

• Advertisement

mailrewop wrote: »
    Aparently you can create models using the Lego Digital Designer http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/ and then import those models into Lego World.

From Steam

Thats excellent, and if they incorporate the LDD to the lego worlds game in a future build, it would be such an unbelievable educational tool.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, gonna give that a look now cause the in-world building's fiddly and it'd be nice to have templates of things to quickly stamp out a town or village etc.

The movement mechanics are quite powerful, you can climb horizontal and hang from vertical surfaces. I found a Wizard character and used his "chuck fireballs and blow the scenery up" powers for mischief. You will explode your own buildings though, so maybe "safe mode" for user/player created items to prevent accidental damage.

I'm just installing Digital Designer to see how the import mechanics work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Got this for the Craic. Seemed pretty good. I played mine craft but got bored pretty quickly but still put in 100+ hours so if I get te same for 15 quid il be doing well. The Lego games all seem to have a good rep so worth a shot.

Anyone know how to get windows???!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

mailrewop wrote: »

From Steam

Tried this today. Little disappointing. Only basic bricks will actually import. Things like windows and doors are missing. Hopefully will be fully supported in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Bought it today and immediately got stuck into it. never played Minecraft but I'm loving this. Went on a desert island (start point?) immediately built myself a two mast ship to escape but then realised it won't move because there's no wind haha. Still, even as a kid I would never have built that because I was a lazy tot.

No idea where to go or what to do, I have a horse like but what use is that on a damn island. Think I'll build a metropolis under the sea.

screenshotshttp:

Advertisement