Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I cancel Album Art Tagging on my Ipod?

• 01-06-2015 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

As above. i just want my music files the way they are, the way I have them named and set up! Putting Album names and other details on there only confuses me! Can't seem to find any Setting to stop it. Can I select it to choose myself whether I want to add art and details to stuff or can I just cancel it happening altogether? I do recall being asked when I was installing it if I wanted Itunes to automatically update my Cover Art and I ticked yes because I might like some to be updated and some art on there but not for everything, is there anyway / some Setting somewhere that de-activates it doing it by default?

Actually I did re-install Itunes again with the intention not to tick automatically updating the art, but for some reason the second time I installed it I didn't get asked at all about Album art.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Surely someone knows this?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question but anyway -

1. If you want to clear all your album artwork from your iTunes library open up it iTunes on your computer and right click and select clear album artwork - that's if you want no artwork

2. If you only want to change details of each album right click that album/song and select 'get info' that will bring up a window with different tabs on top where you can change the details of the song/album. You can also delete the artwork in the artwork tab and then right click on it and select delete.

A quick tip I use to get all my albums and songs perfect is to look up the album on iTunes rename it with all the details as it comes up on iTunes for example - the same album name, artist, year, genre etc. and then you can just go into options on iTunes and they will all just come up because it will look in the iTunes library for the track names and then just add the cover art. It takes time but it does look pretty good when it's done !

Advertisement