Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money In The Bank 2015 Thread *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Did they just show a pic of Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt together on instagram? Way to keep kayfabe WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It wasnt Bray Wyatt. Jsut a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Did they just show a pic of Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt together on instagram? Way to keep kayfabe WWE.

Think it was sone one dressed as wyatt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Good buildup there from HHH. Hope Seth wins, think it would do more for him. Even if Ambrose "deserves" it more, he's gotten a lot from wearing the belt the last few weeks and it could be the making of Seth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It wasnt Bray Wyatt. Jsut a fan.
    Think it was sone one dressed as wyatt

Oh good, it looked a lot like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just realised that every PPV main event of 2015 has featured at least one member of The Shield :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just realised that every PPV main event of 2015 has featured at least one member of The Shield :-)

And not a single one has featured Cena. Very surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Dusty would be proud of these finishes tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Couldn't really get into this show. The MITB had a few decent spots, Cena/Owens was good - if Cena sells the apron powerbomb it could work out but I doubt that'll happen - Rollins/Ambrose seemed quite long and drawn out, like they tried to do a brutal brawl type match but don't think the crowd were that into it save for a few awesome chants. The video wall was apparently blank for most of the main event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought it was grand.

I was happy enough with Sheamus walking out with the briefcase. Once it wasn't Reigns, I was happy.

Undercard was fine.

Cena/Owens was very good, and I don't mind a Cena win, since there's more chance Owens will win the rubber than there is he walks out of three matches in a row with a win. A gimmick match now to end the feud could be amazing.

Ambrose/Rollins was good too, but not a massive fan of the ending, but rarely am with Ambrose matches :(

Decent PPV overall. Nothing special but nothing too bad....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Weird show. Match quality was generally very good but some very dodgy finishes.

Sheamus. Really WWE? **** off. Rollins brought some credibility back to the briefcase and now we have a bland and boring mid carder with it? Christ. I assume he's gonna fail at the cash in because Sheamus as champion is just absurd. It's almost like they are punishing as for turning on Reigns by giving us someone I dislike even more.

Diva's match was fine but what the **** was that finish? Cluster****. Brie unstuffing her bra and pointing to her tatts cracked me up though :pac:

Mercifully Ryback and Big Show was kept short. Whatever.

Owens and Cena have unreal chemistry. Was a better match then the EC match apart from the usual LOLCENAWINS nonsense. Owens killing him after the match helped somewhat but no doubt Cena will stroll out tomorrow night not a bother.

I like Titus and Young but as tag champs? No thanks. Assuming they will be fed to Harper and Rowan down the line. New Day are on fire and having them lose makes no sense to me.

Ladder match was awesome, very brutal. I actually liked the ending. It's something i've never seen before. The Ambrose mark in me wanted to see him win but Rollins desperately needed a strong showing so it's fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Probably need to rewatch that Ladder match found it numbing as it was really long and I was really tired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Twins again :P:
    tumblr_npyptsdkKG1u2xwzjo3_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The main event was good except it would have been the icing on the cake if Ambrose won it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Delighted foe Sheamus that he won, his heel return was a bit of a let down and promised a lot more.

Hopefully this is the boost he needed to get him away from Dolph and Orton matched. Probably not but I can hope.

WWE need more credible bad guys.

Delighted that Sheamus won. I am thrilled that the longshot I took, and the bold prediction I made leading up to the pay per view came through. As I said earlier in the thread, the ladder match winner hasn't always been as obvious to me in recent year. Who did ye want instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I know he's one of us lads but Sheamus bores the jaysus out of me.

Yes he's good in the ring but away from that he's really dull. Not great on the mic and pretty much a charisma vacuum. Then you have all the stuff about him not being well liked and possibly being responsible for injuring DB.

No real reason or long term story in place for him either.

Reigns you have revenge against Rollins or a possible turn on Ambrose, New Day you have that dynamic between the three of them a guy in Kofi Kingston who's been a solid worker for years with no real reward.

Dolph a guy fans have wanted pushed for years, even Kane for Christs sake has a better story and motivation in place!

With Rollins as a heel champion and possibly Lesnar winning the belt again, Sheamus is gonna have that case for quite a while.

Nothing against him personally at all and I enjoy his ring work but really not feeling this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Just watched it now great match between Rollins and Ambrose, not really a great fan of Rollins but with no interference in the match it made Rollins look very strong. It was good for his image.

Sheamus was pretty dull since his return but that imo was down to his booking so I hope this is the real reboot for him.

If he did injure Bryan I wouldn't hold that against him. I'm sure looking back i made questioning why Bryan was working a style that was likely to lead to injury. The way he was going I think injury was inevitable.

His unliked image I know little about but he did have good friends in Drew and Del Rio who were let go so can't be that bad.

If Brock is a face they need a guy like Sheamus to be pushed well. Apart from Rollins I don't see anyone else for him to wrestle. Sheamus has that ability to be disliked when booked strong that won't see people cheer him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I know he's one of us lads but Sheamus bores the jaysus out of me.

Yes he's good in the ring but away from that he's really dull. Not great on the mic and pretty much a charisma vacuum. Then you have all the stuff about him not being well liked and possibly being responsible for injuring DB.

No real reason or long term story in place for him either.

Reigns you have revenge against Rollins or a possible turn on Ambrose, New Day you have that dynamic between the three of them a guy in Kofi Kingston who's been a solid worker for years with no real reward.

Dolph a guy fans have wanted pushed for years, even Kane for Christs sake has a better story and motivation in place!

With Rollins as a heel champion and possibly Lesnar winning the belt again, Sheamus is gonna have that case for quite a while.

Nothing against him personally at all and I enjoy his ring work but really not feeling this at all.

You hitting on the exact points i wanted to make felt the crowd jus died when sheamus won there were some boos but felt it was more the crowd hating on the finish rather then heel heat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sheamus was pretty dull since his return but that imo was down to his booking so I hope this is the real reboot for him.

Agree with this.

There's only so many times he can fight Ziggler and Orton (especially when there's never anything at stake) before he grows stale, and that time passed weeks ago. I think it's the booking thats an issue, more than the character. People can buy him as a bully, and he can put on a very good match. Stick him with someone like Ambrose, for instance, and I think he'd shine. A feud with Brock could be very interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

For an event where I was only interested in one match (Owens/Cena which again stole the show) the whole card was a pleasant surprise. MITB match itself was fun, Bray and Roman is a feud I can get behind. Sheamus was a shock but not necessarily a bad thing either.

The main event was shockingly underwhelming. I fully expected it to be one of the best one on one ladder matches in WWE. I have said on here before I'm not Ambroses biggest fan on here. He has started to grow on me on tv the last few months but I'm sorry this match just confirmed he isn't a main eventer and he shouldn't be near it at all. Yes, he's over with the crowd, but any main event in a PPV he's been in the last few months (including his series with Brat) has put the crowd/me to sleep besides the occasional chant.

Regardless of what everyone says it's not a coincidence anymore. There is one common denominator and it's Ambrose.

I wouldn't agree with that at all about Ambrose. He's well able to keep me interested in pretty much any match that he participates in. Different strokes for different folks though, I guess. He's been a victim of Vince's hokey booking ideas multiple times throughout the last year I'm guessing. I think people would have been very stoked if he had won last night. There seems to be just as many people giving out about Bray Wyatt as there are about Dean Ambrose. I don't really understand the reasoning behind these viewpoints at all. What do people want from these characters? They are great at their roles.

The Wyatt thing is probably to do with the repetitive nature of his feuds. They all follow the same process and at this stage he doesn't come across as important at all.

It would be refreshing to see him have matchees rather than endless promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

The booking definitely doesn't help but finishes aside his matches just haven't delivered for me. They all plod along at a very slow pace with the occasional high spot that doesn't ever seem properly built up to. His only very enjoyable singles match in the last year has been with Cena imo, and that's more to do with Cena having a great knack of structuring a match as opposed to Ambrose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm surprised Sheamus won. I think it's a mistake. I know Reigns was a predictable choice but sometimes predictable is for the best. I think Reigns would have been very interesting popping up in backstage segments with Rollins warning him that revenge for Mania was coming. I think it would have given him a much more badass feel. Instead it looks like he'll be stuck listening to Wyatt's wacky promos for a while. (And I find it tough to get into Wyatt/Reigns when they just showed me Reigns pinning Wyatt clean within the past two weeks).

I was pleased with the finish to Cena/Owens. There will be the usual moaning but Cena has shown a willingness to put over people that other number one guys in his position like Hogan and Austin would never have done. Besides, they kept Owens strong with the aftermath. Also, by handing Owens his first loss, that surely dramatically increases the chances of Finn taking the NXT Title in the near future. I mean, if Owens was doing an undefeated gimmick then you would think Finn would likely lose to keep the gimmick going. Now with Owens' first loss out of the way, the path is clear, hopefully, for a Finn Balor triumph when he dresses as the demon.

I think it's a mistake taking the tag titles off the New Day. They were developing a good bit of momentum and I don't think Titus and Young have much of any. Then again it's the tag division so who cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

People are accusing Sheamus of being dull but, like a lot of guys on the roster, he can only make do with what he's given. I think the look works - as he said himself, it's not whether the fans are chanting 'You look stupid!', it's about getting a reaction, and he was getting good heat off his newly stated objective to beat up on the smaller wrestlers, too. Since then, his mike time seems to have petered out a bit, and that's hurt him. You can't be a good heel without being allowed to talk some shít. It's pretty much what they do. If this MITB signifies really giving him the ball, he could definitely run with it.

That's true of Big Show as well, a guy who gets serious stick. Not entirely unfairly, but if he were allowed to be himself a bit more, I think he could be better than how he's portrayed. Criminally underused in his career, if he died tomorrow, he'd get the 3 Doors Down video montage about he was the best big man in the industry, but he's been taken for granted, creatively, for god knows how long.
    I think it's a mistake taking the tag titles off the New Day. They were developing a good bit of momentum and I don't think Titus and Young have much of any. Then again it's the tag division so who cares.

Yeah, I agree about the PTP, but New Day seem to have peaked, creatively. I don't really see where their gimmick is going. They're entertaining, but, as it is, all I can envisage is it petering out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Delighted that Sheamus won. I am thrilled that the longshot I took, and the bold prediction I made leading up to the pay per view came through. As I said earlier in the thread, the ladder match winner hasn't always been as obvious to me in recent year. Who did ye want instead?
    briany wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree about the PTP, but New Day seem to have peaked, creatively. I don't really see where their gimmick is going. They're entertaining, but, as it is, all I can envisage is it petering out.

I wanted Kingston to win. Has been with the company years and in my opinion could certainly do a decent job as mr money in the bank. Then Woods and Big E could be the tag team champions like Reigns and Rollins were when the Shield had the belts.

Actually the more I think about it the more a tag team of Ambrose and Reigns might help free up the main event spots later in the year post summerslam. It was mentioned above in the thread about a member of the shield being in every main event and no cena. Certainly there is a few members of the main roster that could face Rollins/Lesnar/Seamus for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Kane would win :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Wonder is Sheamus vs Bryan being set up for Wrestlemania. Bryan wins Royal Rumble and Sheamus cashes in the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

doncarlos wrote: »
    Wonder is Sheamus vs Bryan being set up for Wrestlemania. Bryan wins Royal Rumble and Sheamus cashes in the same night.

Bryan vs. Sheamus at Wrestlemania is fine.

Bryan vs. Sheamus in the main event/world title match at Wrestlemania is NOT fine. Hope to fcuk Vince doesn't see what you wrote! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Thought the main event was excellent, it is devastating that the crowd couldn't get into as the big screen wasn't working though!

Good show overall, but somebody needs to teach Titus how to hold a championship in his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So sick of Bray Wyatt now at this stage it's not even funny. Ugh so boring now. Weeks now of silly promos and Reigns overcoming the mind games.

Wyatt then likely moves onto someone else, hopefully Jimmy Uso. That'll keep both busy for another few weeks.

lycan238 wrote: »
    I wanted Kingston to win. Has been with the company years and in my opinion could certainly do a decent job as mr money in the bank. Then Woods and Big E could be the tag team champions like Reigns and Rollins were when the Shield had the belts.

Actually the more I think about it the more a tag team of Ambrose and Reigns might help free up the main event spots later in the year post summerslam. It was mentioned above in the thread about a member of the shield being in every main event and no cena. Certainly there is a few members of the main roster that could face Rollins/Lesnar/Seamus for the title.
    Ambrose & Reigns reuniting would be pretty cool I think. They could take on Rowan & Harper if they put The Wyatt Family back together in the next while maybe. If Sheamus hadn't been in the ladder match, I'd've been rooting for Kofi.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Thought that main event was the match I've seen in WWE this year. Maybe I'm far too easily impressed by basic stuff like selling but I much preferred it to the collection of big moves and false finishes where nobody gets hurt that was the Cena vs Owens match. Also no shenanigans helped. The other thing was that both men came out of that match looking great. Sick to death of not having clean finishes because you needs to keep the loser looking strong.

I also really dislike the money in the bank concept now. It was something new and fresh when Edge first cashed in, but now I think the way cash ins are done gives the champion zero credibility from the start. I'd much rather it be the winner gets a title match at Summerslam or keep the any time within a year but at least 24 hours or a weeks notice needs to be given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I caught a replay of the show on SBO last night and as someone who doesn't watch much wrestling anymore I really really enjoyed Cena V KO. The best match I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ambrose & Reigns reuniting would be pretty cool I think. They could take on Rowan & Harper if they put The Wyatt Family back together in the next while maybe. If Sheamus hadn't been in the ladder match, I'd've been rooting for Kofi.

yeah the thing about reigns/ambrose reuniting is it keeps both out of title picture for a while let orton cena sheamus big show henry lesnar rollins (when he looses title) have title matches then early next year probably after wrestlemania break up reigns/ambrose and let them loose on the world title scene again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Big Show? :-/
    Mark Henry? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How did ambrose survive being dropped literally on his ass so many times in that match?

Advertisement