Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kelly Kettle

• 01-06-2015 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Has anybody used one of these kettles. I was thinking of getting one of them for fishing instead of bringing a flask. What would be the best one to get stainless steel or aluminium?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

I have an aluminium one, I think it's 1.5L so it's quite big but not that heavy. It's a great bit of kit to have with you if you aren't already weighed down. It's an improvement on the flask in that obviously you don't have to carry the water, and it boils very quickly. The trick is to burn dead grass and small twigs, things that burn quickly. Dead gorse and ferns work very well too.
    If you're not walking for miles it's the way to go. For long distances I use a light camping kettle and a Vargo Hexagon stove, mainly because my Kelly kettle is so big. The Vargo boils a small kettle very quickly using similar fuel, dead grass etc, and it folds down to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 garmc

Thanks I've only heard about the Kelly Kettle a while ago. I was told you can cook on them as well as some of them have a small pot and pan. If that's true it will be handier than having my stove and gas and flask. As they take up a lot of room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Dont have one myself but my friend brings his fishing anytime we go,have to say they work very very well.

Advertisement