Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school teaching

Options
  • 01-06-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Can anyone give me information on what i need to do to become a secondary school teacher. I would like to teach technical graphics and design communication graphics and other subjects i have an interest in. At the start of the year i wanted to go into to architecture as i am very interested in this subject. Any information would be very helpful :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are both fairly minority interest subjects. If you could combine them with Woodwork or Metalwork it would be much better, or even Maths.

For Woodwork and Metalwork teaching I think it's UL run the course.

Generally for teaching you need a degree in the subjects you wish to teach followed by a post-graduate qualification in education, unless you do a degree that includes the education element. Your degree also needs to be recognised by the Teaching Council.

Advertisement