Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English junior cert studied drama

Options
  • 01-06-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Okay so English is in 2 days I'm finding it so difficult to study for the merchant of Venice? Anyone have any advice on what to go over? I need help!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Make sure you learn off a hero/heroine and the court room scene / casket scene. Your teacher should of given you notes on sample answer's. Don't go by me but that's what I'm learning. Also your quotes are essential "hateh not a jew.. "the quality of mercy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

I did the Merchant. I would know the opening closing court casket inside out. Learn quotes which highlight the various themes, eg

Racism:'Mislike me not for my complexion','I hate him for he is a Christian','Void and empty of any dram of mercy.'
    Love: 'How all otherpassions fleet to air.','In Belmont is a lady richly left and she is fair and fairer than that word'
    Justice:'The law hath yet another hold on you'. 'The quality of mercy is not strain'd'

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 1niamh1

Thanks so much! This helps a lot! Good luck to whoever is doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Just to add to what's already been said, know a loving relationship (eg Bassanio and Portia or Antonio and Bassanio) and an unloving relationship (Shylock and Antonio) and be able to compare and contrast the relationships.

Advertisement