Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants rights

Options
  • 01-06-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can someone help me on this:
    I moved into a rented house almost 3 months ago. The garden was overgrown with weeds and my landlord sprayed it and now it's a burnt looking garden. I phoned landlord to see if I could purchase a small shed to put my garden furniture in over the winter. I was told I couldn't even though I was paying for it and its movable. When I asked when was garden being done I was told not in the immediate future. Do I have rights around this??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Can someone help me on this:
    I moved into a rented house almost 3 months ago. The garden was overgrown with weeds and my landlord sprayed it and now it's a burnt looking garden. I phoned landlord to see if I could purchase a small shed to put my garden furniture in over the winter. I was told I couldn't even though I was paying for it and its movable. When I asked when was garden being done I was told not in the immediate future. Do I have rights around this??

Could you do it up yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Auntie Annie

katydid wrote: »
    Could you do it up yourself?

I'm not allowed do anything with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

I'm not allowed do anything with it.

How ridiculous is that? The landlord would get free garden care!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

katydid wrote: »
    How ridiculous is that? The landlord would get free garden care!

And if the OP isn't allowed to do anything to the garden it'll be covered in weeds again in no time, and cost the landlord more money to get it sprayed again.

Advertisement