Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows

Options
  • 01-06-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

So I've ordered a new build, but haven't yet ordered an OS to install onto it. I'm sticking with Windows for many reasons that aren't worth going into right now. But what do I do with the upcoming release of Windows 10 and the free upgrade for old versions? Do I buy Windows 8 and then wait? I'm not exactly sure what to do for an OS. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can get 7 or 8 for €25 to tide you over until 10 is released. You get the free upgrade with that when it comes along. I'll post a link if you're interested in that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Hey DS. Thanks for the quick reply. That'd be great. How can I get 7 or 8 for that cheap though? I've checked places like Komplett and Overclockers, and they seem to be charging full price.

They're developer keys people buy in bulk from MS and sell on again. Technically shouldn't be using them, but MS don't care and treat them as full keys, and they can sod off with what they actually charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

1 got W7HP64bit about 2 months ago, and this evening I have a "Get windows 10" icon on the right of my taskbar

Everyone on W7 and W8 have that, its for reserving a licence or something, there's several threads here already about it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Thanks, Digital Solitude. Really appreciate that.

Advertisement