Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor connectors

Options
  • 01-06-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just got a new drop in gearbox, v.2 for m4. It doesn't have any connectors to attach the wires to the motor. It has slots at each end of the wires though.

Where can I get the parts I need to connect the gearbox ro the motor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Is it something like this on the ends of the wires?

maplin-miniature-female-spade-connector10-pack.jpg?w=283&h=283&r=4&o=XJdwMMDTaOiTnXIVFaRJqAaqhqgj&V=BEh7

Is the motor a G&P one by any chance? They use ring terminals rather than spade connections. Had to deal with one recently and unfortunately the size is a difficult to get as standard so I ended up modifying one of the red spade connectors into a ring.
    maplin-insulated-spade-terminal-male-red.jpg?w=283&h=283&r=4&o=D0zlMZQxIFEngo3OT@i0yzk9xXkj&V=5P9t

I think I have some pics of it so i'll post them up later on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I use the ring terminations, over the spade connections. I use the screw that secures the brushes, and flatplate to the motor cage. Lot more reliable, it will not come loose, and the connections are less prone to breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

yeah kinda except the rubber covering goes all the way to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I have some here you can have for free if you send me a Self Addressed Envelope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

will do , thanks deburca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

grosser wrote: »
    will do , thanks deburca.

Your welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jty0yt

They sell them on airsofteire.com I think its 8 euro or something for a pack of 10 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jty0yt wrote: »
    They sell them on airsofteire.com I think its 8 euro or something for a pack of 10 I believe.

Those ASG (lonex) connectors are a crock of ****, if you look at them they would break.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Advertisement