Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 15n083ea Laptop - Can i upgrade my APU?

• 02-06-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

Ive got a HP 15n083ea laptop which has
    AMD A10 4655M APU w/Radeon 7620G graphics,
    8GB ram
    Radeon HD 8600M Dual Graphics ^

I was wondering could i upgrade my APU to a more powerful one, in terms of processor speed as my current processor is 2.GHZ with no turboboost. ]

Id like to upgrade to a processor with around 3ghz per core, is this possible?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can't normally upgrade CPUs in laptops, for heat disappation and bios issues. Sometimes the CPU is soldered right onto the board.

Trying to over clock as best you can, or switching to Linux is probably the best way to squeeze some more like from the laptop if you've tried all the usual windows tricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Laptop has an AMD FP2 Socket as fast as I'm able to tell, so if it is possible to upgrade, then an A10 5757M is your best shot. Its 2.5ghz Quad Core, which can turbo up to 3.5ghz

Don't know where you'd buy one, eBay didn't bring up any results, and it'd be a dose to upgrade I'd say :pac: It'd be harder on battery too

Best of luck if you decide to carry through with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't bother, not worth it.

Graphics are too weak to take advantage of a stronger processor, and even if you did buy that CPU, at that the A10-5750 is a crap processor - a low end €400 i3 based laptop would still be faster.

Selling your current laptop and buying another is far more economical choice.

Also it's not about pure ghz speed. An Intel i3 clocked at 1.7Ghz is often faster than an AMD at 2.5-3ghz.

Advertisement