Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearest beach to Watergrasshill

Options
  • 02-06-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anybody advise as to where the nearest beach would be to Watergrasshill, Co.Cork and how far of a journey time that beach would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Just wondering could anybody advise as to where the nearest beach would be to Watergrasshill, Co.Cork and how far of a journey time that beach would be?

You're probably looking at an east Cork beach so Youghal, Garryvoe, Shanagarry. Journey time would be about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

mordeith wrote: »
    You're probably looking at an east Cork beach so Youghal, Garryvoe, Shanagarry. Journey time would be about an hour

I agree, but its more like 40 mins

https://goo.gl/maps/X6SRE

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Wouldn't Fountainstown be a bit closer. You would get to Carrigaline very quickly from Watergrasshill and it isn't too far from there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

WHL wrote: »
    Wouldn't Fountainstown be a bit closer. You would get to Carrigaline very quickly from Watergrasshill and it isn't too far from there

Probably would. I've never been to that beach so it wasn't in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

WHL wrote: »
    Theres probably not much difference in them time wise and the east cork beaches are much nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Inch is another option, its near whitegate and Id guess is closest at least without going through city.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Good point. East Cork beaches would be much nicer and probably only about 10minutes further away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

.red. wrote: »
    the east cork beaches are much nicer.

Have you been to barleycove?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

In relation to Fountainstown I would imagine he meant!

Barley cove from watergrasshill must be over 2 hours!

Garryvoe certainly best bet from Watergrasshill. 45 mins tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

pwurple wrote: »
    Have you been to barleycove?
    Ha ha yes i have and its the nicest beach ive been to in Ireland but its about an extra 90 mins drive than the beaches in east cork and the op was looking for something close!

• Advertisement
Advertisement