Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen iphone 4S - If I remove from account, what happens last icloud backup?

• 02-06-2015 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

My phone was stolen in Vietnam a day ago just as i was boarding a flight to Malaysia so i have had no way to look for it.

I had been backing up to icloud in case something like this happened and last backup was completed two days ago. I know i should remove phone from my account and delete device, but the thing is i wont be back home for another 12 days.

If i remove phone from my account and delete it from there altogether, will anything happen the icloud backup? Or will it still be there waiting for me when i get home? I have backed up and restored from PC numerous times but never from icloud so i am afraid to remove it until i know for certain.

Also, my brother has an iphone 5 that i can use for a while, can i restore a database from an iphone 4 to a 5? Bearing in mind that i wasnt on the current
    software version on the 4?

I have a lot of photos on my 4 so i am desperate to get them back.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Don't remove it from your account just in case, and yes, you can restore an iPhone 4 backup to an iPhone 5. Good job ensuring you had iCloud backup on, it's a lifesaver at times like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Zcott wrote: »
    Don't remove it from your account just in case, and yes, you can restore an iPhone 4 backup to an iPhone 5. Good job ensuring you had iCloud backup on, it's a lifesaver at times like this :)

Thanks, is it ok to erase the phone to clear my stuff it in case anyone gets access? Or will that affect the last backup? I won't remove from account in case, not sure about erasing though. Yes, thank god for iCloud backup! Hopefully all my photos are there waiting for me when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Durag wrote: »
    Thanks, is it ok to erase the phone to clear my stuff it in case anyone gets access? Or will that affect the last backup? I won't remove from account in case, not sure about erasing though. Yes, thank god for iCloud backup! Hopefully all my photos are there waiting for me when I get home

Yes you can wipe the phone using icloud and it wont effect your backup, simply when you are back and get new phone, just restore the latest backup and it will restore your last 1000 pics too, along with sms, contacts etc.

Advertisement