Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 bugs

• 02-06-2015 7:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

I have this phone about a month now and it is plagued with little annoyances, mostly to do with the headphone jack.

1- There's a slight crackling noise that you will only hear when there's no audio content being played

2- Even slightly touching the headphone jack will stop any audio, touching it again will restart it. This is so frustrating as if you're moving around it happens pretty much all the time in your pocket.

3- Linked to the last one, Siri keeps randomly starting up at times when the headphone jack is moved.

4- A pop up for allowing calendar access to something flashes up for a fraction of a second at random it would seem. Happens upwards of 10 times a day, particularly annoying if watching video content as it will stop playing.

5- Volume automatically goes to the maximum position, if you turn it back down it will just return to full straight away. This can be fixed with a restart but will happen again at some stage.

Are these common issues and can they be fixed? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is there any dust or lint in the headphone jack? Start with a tin of compressed air and give it a clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Zcott wrote: »
    Is there any dust or lint in the headphone jack? Start with a tin of compressed air and give it a clean.

Cheers, I'll give that a go, I have compressed air here in work.

That hasn't worked unfortunately, tried it a few times but still the same.

Ok so it looks like the uncomfortable earphones with the poor sound quality that came with the phone work flawlessly. The 3 other far superior earphones that I own all have the same problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Look at the jack on each set. There's an extra ring on the apple ones for the remote and mic, does the other ones have them?

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Look at the jack on each set. There's an extra ring on the apple ones for the remote and mic, does the other ones have them?

2 of them have the same 3 rings, they both have an inline mic.

Advertisement