Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€600ish CAD/Solidworks PC Review

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Looking to build a cheap rig to run solidworks at home. €600ish is the budget. Monitor is needed/no operating system for the moment.

Some input on the parts so far would be great!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8bHj99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I just had a quick glance at the Solid works optimisation page, and they recommended an SSD and a dedicated GPU, so I'll have a look now and see what I can come up with

Tried to put together a build am realised I hadn't a clue what I was talking about. ASRock H81M motherboard and Talman T4 case can knock almost €70 off your build

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Tried to put together a build am realised I hadn't a clue what I was talking about. ASRock H81M motherboard and Talman T4 case can knock almost €70 off your build

haha alright, appreciate it! ill swap them out and maybe look at a gpu

Quadro K420 is about €110, its the only workstation one in your budget, if you can stretch a little then get a K620.

If you're getting a GPU then get a Xeon 1231v3 CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Quadro K420 is about €110, its the only workstation one in your budget, if you can stretch a little then get a K620.

If you're getting a GPU then get a Xeon 1231v3 CPU.

Cool, changed them out - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8R7Bt6

Just need to cut the price down a little, if i could go below the £700 mark it would be great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement