Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never received an electricity bill

Options
  • 02-06-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

New to this so I hope I'm in the right forum. I bought my first house almost two years ago and I have never received an electricity bill. I bought it directly from the builder and as it was the show house it was already connected to electricity.

I saw some one come and read the meter one day last year and assumed a bill would arrive shortly after but nothing ever came. Somebody must be paying it but I have no idea who. I want to do something about it as I'm afraid I will be cut off so I'm just looking for some advice.

Anyone else ever had this experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Go to the meter, get the MPRN number, call whoever the service is with (most likely Electric Ireland), and ask about it.

Maybe, since it was a show house, the bill is still being paid for by the builder/developer. But, if I was you, I'd make sure I had the money ready when someone comes looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do arrange to have it paid, as you risk being accused of theft of electricity.

Advertisement